VIC bans ham

Old May 24th 2003, 12:32 am
Nix
Just Joined

Nix is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking VIC bans ham

So, a council in Victoria wants to ban ham so that muslims don't get offended. Are they also going to ban beef so as not to offend hindus? What about meat on Good Friday - my mum in law is a catholic and gets pretty upset if I buy meat on Good Friday (can't help it, I'm allergic to fish!).

Where will it end, eh?
Old May 24th 2003, 1:52 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: VIC bans ham

Originally posted by Nix
So, a council in Victoria wants to ban ham so that muslims don't get offended. Are they also going to ban beef so as not to offend hindus? What about meat on Good Friday - my mum in law is a catholic and gets pretty upset if I buy meat on Good Friday (can't help it, I'm allergic to fish!).

Where will it end, eh?
Another Unsubstantiated Assertion for which some Brits are infamous?

Many non-vegan Hindus eat beef but need non-Hindus (Muslims) to slaughter cows.
Old May 24th 2003, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

As the threat of being labelled a rascist is so popular in this PC world of bending over backwards to minorities,what ever happened to the common sense of adapting to your new abode i.e. when in Rome do as the Romans.
When does this insanity end?Just by giving in to the so called Muslim-Australians on every little whinge that they require will end up in a Non Infidel enclave of westerner haters in a western country.
Indonesia is only a few hours flight away,why arnt they swamped with western rhetoric demands by non-islam/muslims?
Thats right a western country is better and as such needs to be converted to muslim beliefs as those westerners will roll over to any request the islamic/muslim's make.
Serbian/Bosnian war a few years ago,just think on what that was all over!!!
Old May 24th 2003, 4:46 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by boots
As the threat of being labelled a rascist is so popular in this PC world of bending over backwards to minorities,what ever happened to the common sense of adapting to your new abode i.e. when in Rome do as the Romans.
When does this insanity end?Just by giving in to the so called Muslim-Australians on every little whinge that they require will end up in a Non Infidel enclave of westerner haters in a western country.
Indonesia is only a few hours flight away,why arnt they swamped with western rhetoric demands by non-islam/muslims?
Thats right a western country is better and as such needs to be converted to muslim beliefs as those westerners will roll over to any request the islamic/muslim's make.
Serbian/Bosnian war a few years ago,just think on what that was all over!!!
Unother clockwork wound up Brit?
Old May 24th 2003, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Unother clockwork wound up Brit?

Not sure about that last part....correct me if I'm wrong boots, but I think he's one of your's MegaBilbopankalaMaud etc etc...
Old May 24th 2003, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

My oath mate!
Old May 24th 2003, 5:49 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

He is a TREKKIE, make allowances.
Old May 24th 2003, 10:01 am
Nix
Just Joined

Nix is an unknown quantity at this point

If they're that worried, why don't they just do what a lot of muslim countries do and have a separate pork room!? Although I don't see why that should happen.

Try to please all the people all the time and we'll end up with everything being banned for one reason or another.

Next thing ya know, girlies will not be allowed out without being covered from head to toe.
Old May 24th 2003, 11:26 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VIC bans ham

Originally posted by Nix

Where will it end, eh?
I worked hard to get my ham radio licence and they want to ban it, the bastards?