Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

VETASSESS - is 6th form college or secondary school?

VETASSESS - is 6th form college or secondary school?

Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:30 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Question VETASSESS - is 6th form college or secondary school?

Mrs DUP is filling in her VETASSESS form, and the question arose about 6th form certificates. Are these considered 'Secondary School' or are these considered 'Postsecondary or Higher Education Qualifications'?

In other words, do we need to provide certified copies of her 6th Form results?

Thanks.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VETASSESS - is 6th form college or secondary school?

Originally posted by downunderpom
Mrs DUP is filling in her VETASSESS form, and the question arose about 6th form certificates. Are these considered 'Secondary School' or are these considered 'Postsecondary or Higher Education Qualifications'?

Thanks.
I have no idea what VETASSESS is, but I thought 6th form was the same as year 12 ie last year at high school?

I may be wrong though - it has been known to happen, on the odd occasion
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:43 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
I have no idea what VETASSESS is, but I thought 6th form was the same as year 12 ie last year at high school?

I may be wrong though - it has been known to happen, on the odd occasion
Know what you mean - happened to me back in '75......

6th Form subjects / level are often taken in college, hence the confusion.

I'm sure someone will have a definitive answer. (I'm showing off now - using posh words!)

Oh yeah, VETASSESS is the examining board for Administrative qualification. Mrs DUP has a BA(Hons) in Finance for Managers - covers statistics, data manipulation, and all that.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:50 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean - happened to me back in '75......
Hey, some of us arent old farts, I wasnt even born in '75 ......

ok ok, I tell a fib, but I was only 11
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:52 am
I like kittens.

Hey, some of us arent old farts, I wasnt even born in '75 ......

ok ok, I tell a fib, but I was only 11
Let's see... if I take off my socks and shoes and count my toes I make it that....

FORTY!!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
6th Form equates to Year 12 - so I reckon they'd definitely be regarded as 'secondary school' qualifications - regardless of where they were actually taken.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:58 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by nickyc
6th Form equates to Year 12 - so I reckon they'd definitely be regarded as 'secondary school' qualifications - regardless of where they were actually taken.
Thanks, Nicky.

As you've said 'I reckon', does that mean that it's an educated guess, or have you been down this road? Sorry to be picky but we don't want to have this sent back as incomplete.....
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Let's see... if I take off my socks and shoes and count my toes I make it that....

FORTY!!!!! :scared: :scared:

If you've got 40 fingers & toes then Id be more worried about that than the fact that Im actually 39 & dont turn 40 for months yet
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:06 am
I like kittens.

If you've got 40 fingers & toes then Id be more worried about that than the fact that Im actually 39 & dont turn 40 for months yet
I recycled....

Don't worry, Mrs D - I turned FIFTY last month!

You know that expression 'Life begins at Forty'?

It's cobblers! Life begins when you decide to begin it.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:08 am
I like kittens.

I just realised - I'm highjacking my own thread!! How stupid is that?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Nicky.

As you've said 'I reckon', does that mean that it's an educated guess, or have you been down this road? Sorry to be picky but we don't want to have this sent back as incomplete.....
It's only an educated guess. I've always put down my 6th form qualifications as if they were Year 12 qualifications on countless other forms over the years - but then I did do them at school, so there was no question about it!

Never had to do anything for VETASSESS though.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:12 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by nickyc
It's only an educated guess. I've always put down my 6th form qualifications as if they were Year 12 qualifications on countless other forms over the years - but then I did do them at school, so there was no question about it!

Never had to do anything for VETASSESS though.
I'm sure you're right. Mrs DUP did them at school, but the question was raised as they're sometimes taken in college....

I'm sure someone else has had to do a VETASSESS.

Thanks, Nicky.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:16 am
Rocket Scientist

I recycled....

Don't worry, Mrs D - I turned FIFTY last month!

You know that expression 'Life begins at Forty'?

It's cobblers! Life begins when you decide to begin it.

Dagboy turned 40 about 2 weeks ago, but he keeps telling everyone how young he feels since hes married to a woman in her 30s LOL . Of course when people find out that hes 40 they almost keel over with shock because he looks so young! , not sure if they think Im that young as well or if they think I have a toyboy
Old Mar 17th 2004, 4:19 am
I like kittens.

Dagboy turned 40 about 2 weeks ago, but he keeps telling everyone how young he feels since hes married to a woman in her 30s LOL . Of course when people find out that hes 40 they almost keel over with shock because he looks so young! , not sure if they think Im that young as well or if they think I have a toyboy
You think YOU get funny looks? Imagine me walking along with a woman 23 years younger than me on my arm....
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:18 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

downunderpom,
i have a vetassess assessment and can confirm that 'A' - levels are equivalent to year 12 in Australia. They are secondary qualifications. I know you can do them at college, but that's an FE college and FE (further education) is the same as secondary education in Oz. HNDs, HNCs, degrees, post-grads and all HE courses (Higher ed.) all count as tertiary education or uni courses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.