Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Very Scared - flights booked

Very Scared - flights booked

Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Default Very Scared - flights booked

We are off on 16th August at 21.15 from Gatwick arrive in brisbane half 6 on the 18th. Emirates book through Travelbag -£760 (return as coming back in june for family)
Im so nervous! I keep thinking somethings going to go wrong like the tennant will change his mind and not want the flat or worse.
Also worried about the whole new country thing - it should be fine as my parents and sister are already there along with the pets.
I have to give my boss 4 weeks notice tomorrow he is going to be shocked and my bf needs to pass his driving test on the 26th - no pressure
Looking at what I have written i must sound crazy - I think I have gone mad - its going to be a nerve racking 5 weeks!

Last edited by emmyjc1; Jul 15th 2007 at 5:24 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Very Scared - flights booked

Hi,

I wish you all the best for your new adventure. You are so privileged, I am just at the starting blocks. Of course you are going to be nervous, it's only natural.

Just remember that lots of people on this site would give their right arm to be in your position.

The luck of the Irish to you,

Crocodileseamus
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everything goes well for you, just be positive and everything will turn out fine! It's not going to be the easiest thing you've ever done but I'm sure it'll be worth it! I just wish it was me.... !
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Hope everything goes well for you, just be positive and everything will turn out fine! It's not going to be the easiest thing you've ever done but I'm sure it'll be worth it! I just wish it was me.... !
Ah thanks louise and seamus - just told all my friends and all they said was when and wheres the party!!!
I wish u both luck too xx
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:34 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We fly on thursday, a family of four with two young boys, no rellies there, no friends in Oz as yet and we've never been before!

Good luck to you, your mum and sister are there, thats great!

Carmel
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carmele
We fly on thursday, a family of four with two young boys, no rellies there, no friends in Oz as yet and we've never been before!

Good luck to you, your mum and sister are there, thats great!

Carmel
Oh wow! Bet you cant wait - I am lucky to have my Parents and sister there haven't seen them since november!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:46 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah that is fantastic! Think of that renunion and those family gatherings a lot of luck sent your way!

Carmel
x
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:34 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

fantastic news. Don't worry about the little things - you are off to a whole new life.