Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A very proud mum

A very proud mum

Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default A very proud mum

Can I do a little bit of what my boys say "Oh mum, shut up" too.

My 17 year old son was a little unsure of what he was going to do once he got to Perth and people are always telling him he should do some modelling, so he sent some photos off to a model agency in Perth and they have replied today saying they want to see him as soon as he arrives, which will be the beginning of December. I'm jumping all over the house a singing and laughing all on my lonesome, everyones out, so I needed to share it with someone, I knew you would all listen so it's you.

Incidentally, if anyone does know anything about model agencies in Perth I would love to hear from you, perhaps you would be kind enough to PM me. I think he has gone to the best one, according to the internet sites we looked at.

Thanks for listening guys, I'll carry on jumping around now.

Lindsey
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: A very proud mum

WOW!!!!
You must be really proud I know I would be. I'll have a drink for you now as I'm alone too!! Everyone gone to football match & baby asleep!!!
Hope all goes well & hope to see him on the front covers very soon!!
Karen x
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A very proud mum

Thanks for that Karen

I feel a little bit naughty telling everyone on here as he doesn't even know yet, but I just want to shout it from the rooftops and I can't keep my mouth shut when I feel this proud.

Lindsey
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:17 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Thanks for that Karen

I feel a little bit naughty telling everyone on here as he doesn't even know yet, but I just want to shout it from the rooftops and I can't keep my mouth shut when I feel this proud.

Lindsey

Put a picture on!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lucyb
Put a picture on!
LOL he would kill me.

If you all promise not to tell I'll try. Scanner has been packed so I'll have to see if there any on the computer.

Lindsey
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsey

Don't want to put a damper on this and wish your son well but make sure this model agency do not want you to pay for anything such as a 'portfolio' to be produced.
It is a well known scam for some 'model agencies' to be really keen until they have got some of your money and then it all goes quiet.
I know a number of girls this has happened to in the UK.

Otherwise

Good luck

G
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Grayling

Thanks for that, I fell for that one over here so thankfully I am aware what sharks these people can be when they are preying on kids dreams.

The agency Jack has approached just wanted to see snapshots and polaroids and from this they want to meet him, they told me that they do all the portfolio work, we are not expected to pay for this, all monies come from contracts with companies, not the models. They do look like a reputable company but obviously they are a long way away at the moment so I will be going with him at first to make sure he doesn't sign anything without checking first.

Thanks for the advice, in fact any advice will be gratefully received as I know what a dodgy business this can be with the wrong people.

Lindsey

PS can't find a piccie at the moment, will try and get one when he's home.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

My 17 year old son was a little unsure of what he was going to do once he got to Perth and people are always telling him he should do some modelling, so he sent some photos off to a model agency in Perth and they have replied today saying they want to see him as soon as he arrives, which will be the beginning of December. I'm jumping all over the house a singing and laughing all on my lonesome, everyones out, so I needed to share it with someone, I knew you would all listen so it's you.

Incidentally, if anyone does know anything about model agencies in Perth I would love to hear from you, perhaps you would be kind enough to PM me. I think he has gone to the best one, according to the internet sites we looked at.

Lindsey
Very best of luck with that venture Lindsey, hope it all works out!

Dig the new avatar Grayling! Australia's cultural attache spreading good will and dribble all over the forum, LOL!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Very best of luck with that venture Lindsey, hope it all works out!

Dig the new avatar Grayling! Australia's cultural attache spreading good will and dribble all over the forum, LOL!
Hey Tony!!!

That's a picture of me

Hope it works out well Lindsey.

Best wishes

G
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsey

I just can't understand it I have never been asked to do any modelling?
except Ski Masks, and Balacalava's

Good news before you get there brilliant
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hey Tony!!!

That's a picture of me

Hope it works out well Lindsey.

Best wishes

G
OK, you're scaring me now!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:15 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Put a picture on!

Hey missus!! you are a happily married woman!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by karenjc
WOW!!!!
You must be really proud I know I would be. I'll have a drink for you now as I'm alone too!! Everyone gone to football match & baby asleep!!!
Hope all goes well & hope to see him on the front covers very soon!!
Karen x
Karenjc

Must be at the Blues then - UP THE BLUES - although it was 0-0 last time I checked!!!

Lindseyden

Hey - a superstar in our midst eh? I remember putting my twin boys forward for modelling when they were babies - they looked gorgeous but were not the right temperments - they spent most of the time whinging & crying - plus the first casting they had I had to carry them & twin buggy & all the stuff up a very narrow winding staircase - 4 floors. We waited 2 hours they had their photos taken & we went home - I for one thought better of my sanity to do it again. But your son is of the age when he can make a go of it - congrats and see you in Perth.

pockygoes
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=pockygoes]Karenjc

Must be at the Blues then - UP THE BLUES - although it was 0-0 last time I checked!!!

Got it in one!!! I'm not into football but Darren is season ticket holder & doing a good job of brainwashing Elise(5)!!! Both Elise & baby Joel are walking adverts for the club!! I have to appear to be interested so better go & check the score I suppose they'll be back soon - very cold!!!
Karen x
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsey

Firstly this post will appear rude to some would be Poms but its Not rude it just a warning about a quick way to make a buck in australia. I dont know you or your son or the agency so it COULD be totally genuine but before everyone statrs sending thier kids mugshots off just listen.

Model agencies for kids are one of the oldest cons in the book here, anyone seems to be able to set one up, and most parents are willing and eager to believe their kids are top model material, the unsrupulous ones would take even my mugshot and tell me I was model material and want photos. Because you then pay THEM big bucks to sign on with the agency, most people never hear from them again. Very old aussie con trick, most aussies should know about it now, its been documented on TV enough, so Poms off the boat might be ideal targets now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.