Reload this Page >

A Very New Member looks ahead

Wikiposts

A Very New Member looks ahead

Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:49 am
Just Joined

motherhen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Very New Member looks ahead

Hello everyone! I seem to be in the minority in that I am an older person with family in Aus and I want to be there!!!
My eldest daughter emigrated 8 years ago with an Aussie partner and is hoping to start a family in the next year.
My youngest daughter has applied for a de facto visa and hopes to go soon with HER Aussie partner of 6 years. :scared:
What I feel is - all my breeding skills were meant to sooth the savage Aussie beast (or is that breast?).
Anyway they are both great men and I am happy for my girls.
I shall be divorced soon, but need to work for another 5 years to clear my mortgage. I intend to apply as a Contributory Parent, drawing state pension from UK plus pension from employment. I reckon the sale of my property will give me plenty to keep me going.
I have visied Perth 3 times in the last 7 years and am going again at Xmas. I CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT.
Any other retirees out there that can give me any tips to assure I'll be able to get a visa?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:57 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Very New Member looks ahead

sorry i can't give any advice, but welcome to the mad house. i am sure that this is a training school for the madness that happens in emigrating. survive with marbles intact and you can survive anywhere
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:01 am
Just Joined

motherhen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louise4
sorry i can't give any advice, but welcome to the mad house. i am sure that this is a training school for the madness that happens in emigrating. survive with marbles intact and you can survive anywhere
Thanks Louise. Most of you seem like a friendly bunch and I hope to take full advantage of the support that reigns in the forum.
But it is scary!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:19 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Once you've found this site, you'll wonder how you ever survived without it! But be warned its addictive and should come with a health warning!! A few hours away from the computer and I start foaming at the mouth!

Good to have you onboard.

Jo
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by motherhen
Hello everyone! I seem to be in the minority in that I am an older person with family in Aus and I want to be there!!!
My eldest daughter emigrated 8 years ago with an Aussie partner and is hoping to start a family in the next year.
My youngest daughter has applied for a de facto visa and hopes to go soon with HER Aussie partner of 6 years. :scared:
What I feel is - all my breeding skills were meant to sooth the savage Aussie beast (or is that breast?).
Anyway they are both great men and I am happy for my girls.
I shall be divorced soon, but need to work for another 5 years to clear my mortgage. I intend to apply as a Contributory Parent, drawing state pension from UK plus pension from employment. I reckon the sale of my property will give me plenty to keep me going.
I have visied Perth 3 times in the last 7 years and am going again at Xmas. I CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT.
Any other retirees out there that can give me any tips to assure I'll be able to get a visa?

hi motherhen, welcome and ditto the previous posters! You'll be surprised at the range of ages on here, in fact there are a lot more older folk than I thought. (there's a thread where everyone revealed their age! ... allegedly! ) Anyway enjoy the ride!