Very let down!!

Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Very let down!!

Hi

Need to rant and rave and what better place to do it coz some of you will understand how we feel.

After waiting for our 'first time buyers' for 15 weeks due to a 'piece of paper' which happened to be a divorce and a remortgage!!!! they pulled out of the purchase 4 days before exchange and completion!!!

No valid reason given and we are left with a bill for solicitors etc.

we and kids as you can imagine are gutted had packed ready to go into temp accomadation until our move early next year. Not sure what to do now as this has really knocked us for 6 added to the time wasted waiting for them and all things we put off waiting to move.

as for Aus not sure where it leaves us. I am sure once we get sorted we will think again and continue with our plans.

really annoying thing is the female partner of this couple turns up at a group I attend and pretends nothing has happened and i really want to 'rip her head off'!!!!! but violence won't get me to oz

sorry for moaning, good luck to you house sellers

Chris
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:29 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Very let down!!

Someone will probably move this to the lifestyle forum.

Sorry to hear the problems you are having. We haven't quite got to that point yet but hope to be putting the house on the market soon. If you have a look on the lifestyle forum there are loads of threads on there about people having problems selling houses. Could be a good source of support for you. Hope you manage to find a new buyer very soon.

Anne
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a total bugger when that happens. Hope you find another buyer soon. In the meantime have a couple of tonight and try to forget about things for a while.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi

Need to rant and rave and what better place to do it coz some of you will understand how we feel.

After waiting for our 'first time buyers' for 15 weeks due to a 'piece of paper' which happened to be a divorce and a remortgage!!!! they pulled out of the purchase 4 days before exchange and completion!!!

we and kids as you can imagine are gutted had packed ready to go into temp accomadation until our move early next year. Not sure what to do now as this has really knocked us for 6 added to the time wasted waiting for them and all things we put off waiting to move.

as for Aus not sure where it leaves us. I am sure once we get sorted we will think again and continue with our plans.

really annoying thing is the female partner of this couple turns up at a group I attend and pretends nothing has happened and i really want to 'rip her head off'!!!!! but violence won't get me to oz

Chris

I am really sorry to hear that, it just goes to show how the whole house buying/selling process needs to be changed in the U.K. It is amazing that they are not liable to pay your costs?
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:59 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Id give her both barrels if I saw her. Im very impressed you can be so restrained! If we ever get a buyer Im making them pay a deposit straight away which will come off at completion.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear your bad news Chris. B****ds!!! That is the problem with the house buying system in the UK. You have no protection at all do you. They should be liable to pay you compensation at the least. I know it don't help mate but I believe what goes around comes around so one day they will get there come uppance. They may miss out on a house they want to buy cause the seller pulls out on them four days before completion!!!! Now that would be sweet justice. Good luck in finding another buyer and try to stay chilled!! Remember all good things come to he who waits!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

sorry to hear your troubles, hope you find a new buyer soon and continue with your new life in Aus.

good luck

Denise peter and family
sent some karma
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn&Jamie is on a distinguished road

flippin eck, what a nightmare for you, hope you get it sorted very soon

Dawn x
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Thanks guys for all your replies, it means a lot!

Unfortunately thats the way the system is and we have no legal rights for compensation!

I certainly hope they do get theirs, but I am trying not to be bitter.

We were so excited to get a buyer and when we asked for a deposit and they refused should have saw that as a sign i guess but as 'first time buyers thought maybe they didnt have the cash or were going for 100% mortgage, i'll know differently next time.

Good Luck to all of you

Chris
Old Oct 26th 2005, 9:28 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

It happened to us as well last month - though we were five days away!

House still full of boxes but we have accepted another (higher!) offer this week from somebody else. But will believe this 'is it' when we have the money in the bank.

Chris
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi

Chris

This happened to us twice before we sold our house.

We got so fed up with time wasters, that we told the agents that we only wanted people seeing the house who already had offers on their houses or were first time buyers etc.

We also said that anyone who made an offer on the house had to pay a 1000 pound deposit, and only then would we stop other viewings. We also said if contracts were not exchanged within 6 weeks, they would loose their deposit.

It was amazing, the viewings were vastly reduced but the buyers we got eventually were serious and everything went smoothly.

Hope you sell your house soon.

Mel
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:46 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god Chris I am gutted for you. It'll be okay keep thinking positive mate.

You know that when we sold ours, our buyers buyer pulled out the day after I finished work :scared: but 3 weeks later they had new buyers and we completed middle of September.

Things happen like this and it makes you think what have I done to deserve all this stress. Its not that these things happen to test you out. I am a firm believer in 'whatever happens, happens for a reason'.

Good Luck with it

Ang