Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Very Impressive....

Very Impressive....

Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Smile Very Impressive....

Wow you people are great!! loads of responses to our first thread,and yes im sorry if we didnt give out all the right info on our thread,but be gentle with us as we are newbies!!
Any hoot just to reiterate the visa were applying for is a skilled independent visa!! S.I.V...based on myself having more than 5 years experience in both catering (chef work) and more recently in the building/shopfitting trade...is this a + do you think?? my wife has been a travel consultant for over 15 years since leaving college!!...what do you think?..we have 2 children two boys 6 and 9...our own house which we hope to sell and use as collateral and maybe rent a place in WA until we find our feet(good idea??) a good bill of health(touch wood ) and a clean police report!..
How many points are we looking at to pass?? i dont want to sound too pushy but we really want to do this and a failure would break our hearts ...so please if there is anything that might help us then please let us know especially on this blinkin' visa application!
Thanks again people.... Simon + Kirsty
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:15 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very Impressive....

Originally Posted by SBUK
Wow you people are great!! loads of responses to our first thread,and yes im sorry if we didnt give out all the right info on our thread,but be gentle with us as we are newbies!!
Any hoot just to reiterate the visa were applying for is a skilled independent visa!! S.I.V...based on myself having more than 5 years experience in both catering (chef work) and more recently in the building/shopfitting trade...is this a + do you think?? my wife has been a travel consultant for over 15 years since leaving college!!...what do you think?..we have 2 children two boys 6 and 9...our own house which we hope to sell and use as collateral and maybe rent a place in WA until we find our feet(good idea??) a good bill of health(touch wood ) and a clean police report!..
How many points are we looking at to pass?? i dont want to sound too pushy but we really want to do this and a failure would break our hearts ...so please if there is anything that might help us then please let us know especially on this blinkin' visa application!
Thanks again people.... Simon + Kirsty

hi simon and kirsty i think you will have enough points to make an application

firstly using your collateral from the house sale is a good idea we will be doing that if we cant get jobs straight off ( i am a hairdresser and hubby is a skilled fitter)
try the free online assessment http://www.liveinaustralia.com/
they do want chef's out there so you have a good chance
then go to the tra site http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/
and download the application form thats how you start

try this if you need anymore help pm me or email me

jan & gaz xx
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:34 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

Sounds as if you're half way there already, but alas ..... much more than anything you do need a lot of patience, a fantastic sense of humour (helps to cope with extremely long long wait and being a part of this forum) and not to mention a good size wallet/purse/bank balance (for migration agent if using, medicals and visa application fee, not to mention all the costs involved in getting certified copies of everything twice!!) and that's before you even get to your new destination!! Good advice from ROBOS and just to add

WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE :scared:

It'll all be worth it one day!

Cheers Sharon
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Simon and Kirsty

Definitely sounds like you've got a good chance. Being a nosey sort of person can I ask where you live?

Suzy