Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Very Bizzare Post but need help if you can!

Very Bizzare Post but need help if you can!

Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Kiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the rough
Default Very Bizzare Post but need help if you can!

I am trying to get a dry ice shipment from the UK to Australia but am struggling. I have been told by Fedex that Australia wont accept dry ice from the UK. Has anybody on here had any experience of this kind of shipment and if they have would you be able to help me with a company that will do it etc! and tell me if this is true.

Sorry for the very bizarre post but thought it may be worth a try

Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all
Default Re: Very Bizzare Post but need help if you can!

Are you in Show Business? just curious
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:57 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it the dry ice itself or a biological product being transported that they object to?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Kiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the rough

It is the dry ice that they have the problem with I have all the paper work from AQUIS for the stuff I want to ship I am being told by the shipping company (fedex) that they cant ship the dry ice into Australia from the UK. That Australia will only except shipments of dry ice from USA or Canada? I find this very strange.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
hehehehe no I am not! Need to ship something that is frozen at -80 from the UK to Australia
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiangsu
It is the dry ice that they have the problem with I have all the paper work from AQUIS for the stuff I want to ship I am being told by the shipping company (fedex) that they cant ship the dry ice into Australia from the UK. That Australia will only except shipments of dry ice from USA or Canada? I find this very strange.
Very puzzling - my husband in his work sends medical samples around the world in dry ice but when I asked him he couldn't think of any reason for your problem...sorry.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Does he get stuff sent to him from the UK at all? If he does do you know what company he uses?? I cant understand it either I am not sure if it is just fedex being funny because I shipped some stuff to the UK from USA and I had trouble with them then

Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:00 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Wouldnt that be snow business
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Wouldnt that be snow business
Don't give up the day job
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:30 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiangsu
I am trying to get a dry ice shipment from the UK to Australia but am struggling. I have been told by Fedex that Australia wont accept dry ice from the UK. Has anybody on here had any experience of this kind of shipment and if they have would you be able to help me with a company that will do it etc! and tell me if this is true.

Sorry for the very bizarre post but thought it may be worth a try

Thanks
Try contacting the person below - they may be able to put you in contact with the organisation (shipping company) they deal with.

Contact Details
Contact person Elizabeth Wong
Job Title Development Coordination Manager
Address 20 Kingsley Close
City/Suburb Rowville
State Victoria
Email [email protected]
Phone +61 3 9764 1555
Fax +61 3 9764 1554
Website http://www.vitapharm.com.au
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

-80 is seriously cool man...

bumped up thread, for additional info

have you considered going back to Customs, and ask them what would be acceptable for transportation, at that temperature.

if Customs don't have a problem, then it gives you leverage to question Fedex policy, but agree with other poster, it's an odd one, from Fedex.

good luck
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

family member?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:53 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have an answer to the original question, but if you can get it through can you put a Jack Daniels on the rocks in the package for me?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:54 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
family member?
Strange way to get the last remaining relative shipped...
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:27 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Strange way to get the last remaining relative shipped...

might have to bear this in mind for the oldest child who doesnt want to come out with us .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.