Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A VERY BIG THANKYOU - please read all who have sent me warm wishes.

A VERY BIG THANKYOU - please read all who have sent me warm wishes.

Old May 19th 2005, 8:40 am
Go Banana's !!

Smile A VERY BIG THANKYOU - please read all who have sent me warm wishes.

A big thankyou to all the lovely people who have phoned me today, pm'd me and sent emails. A special thankyou to Maggy, Teresa, Debsy, Christina and Simone.

I didn't need to learn who my friends are I know. That's what friends are for and we welcome newbies all the time, just look at the list for Saturday we are not a clique we just support each other.

I may come on at a later date, but not for a while, it's lost it for me.

I would never have started the diary had I known it would come to this, I am very hurt by the whole experience. I actually thought the thread could have been very funny, if there had not been direct reference to the specifics of my posts. If people can't understand why I was so upset then fine, but to carry on with the insults was just cruel.

Now I would really like this matter to drop. I am very embarrassed, humiliated and mortified that someone reading it could have felt aggrieved that I was boasting about our life here. I wasn't I just wanted people to have hope that it works out. Geeze you got it warts and all.

I never once told anyone how much money we did or didn't have. The car is secondhand for gods sake and bottom of the range, I just like the drive and feel safe in it!! It cost alot less than an average years wage BTW. Back in the UK you want to know that it will work, it keeps the dreams alive. Obviously I misjudged that one and I am truely sorry.

I have learned my lesson and I will get over it, there are more important things in life to worry about, look at poor Kylie. I actually feel sorry for Camilla and Posh today, imagine how they must feel having a circulation far greater than this site !

If anyone wants to pm me with specific questions about, building, schooling, pool installations, or any settling in stuff, then please feel free to send me an email.

Once again thankyou to my dear dear friends and I hope this matter will now come to an end.

Jill

Old May 19th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A VERY BIG THANKYOU - please read all who have sent me warm wishes.

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
A big thankyou to all the lovely people who have phoned me today, pm'd me and sent emails. A special thankyou to Maggy, Teresa, Debsy, Christina and Simone.

I didn't need to learn who my friends are I know. That's what friends are for and we welcome newbies all the time, just look at the list for Saturday we are not a clique we just support each other.

I may come on at a later date, but not for a while, it's lost it for me.

I would never have started the diary had I known it would come to this, I am very hurt by the whole experience. I actually thought the thread could have been very funny, if there had not been direct reference to the specifics of my posts. If people can't understand why I was so upset then fine, but to carry on with the insults was just cruel.

Now I would really like this matter to drop. I am very embarrassed, humiliated and mortified that someone reading it could have felt aggrieved that I was boasting about our life here. I wasn't I just wanted people to have hope that it works out. Geeze you got it warts and all.

I never once told anyone how much money we did or didn't have. The car is secondhand for gods sake and bottom of the range, I just like the drive and feel safe in it!! It cost alot less than an average years wage BTW. Back in the UK you want to know that it will work, it keeps the dreams alive. Obviously I misjudged that one and I am truely sorry.

I have learned my lesson and I will get over it, there are more important things in life to worry about, look at poor Kylie. I actually feel sorry for Camilla and Posh today, imagine how they must feel having a circulation far greater than this site !

If anyone wants to pm me with specific questions about, building, schooling, pool installations, or any settling in stuff, then please feel free to send me an email.

Once again thankyou to my dear dear friends and I hope this matter will now come to an end.

Jill
I understand your feelings, but really will miss hearing about the day-to-day challenges facing a family moved down there.

Perhaps we could somehow organise a mailinglist that you could email your daily thoughts to, so those of us are interested can still receive your contributions?
Old May 19th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Ahhh no special thankyou for mine then Jill Oh well never mind as long as your ok xx
Old May 19th 2005, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jopaulss
Ahhh no special thankyou for mine then Jill Oh well never mind as long as your ok xx
Hi Jill, I have just been trying to find out who upset who and why (been away for a while) but please don't tell me you are leaving the forum for someone who spells potato with an 'e'..............or am I missing something.
Big Hug to you
Elfin x
Old May 19th 2005, 9:30 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jill please dont stop posting on account of a handful of idiots on this site, I know its upsetting but their are a lot of people who love to read your diaries.

Rise above the idiots and keep poosting.

Kay
Old May 19th 2005, 9:43 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfin
Hi Jill, I have just been trying to find out who upset who and why (been away for a while) but please don't tell me you are leaving the forum for someone who spells potato with an 'e'..............or am I missing something.
Big Hug to you
Elfin x
Don't leave Jill. This forum has always attracted its fair share of idiots. If another one of the good guys (or gals) leaves they will have won and made the forum a worse place for the rest of us. You have helped hundreds of people on here in the past and entertained many many more.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:11 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We love you!
Old May 19th 2005, 10:20 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!

Now I would really like this matter to drop.
Excellent idea. Shame it all had to happen.