Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Verdict on Crown in Perth

Verdict on Crown in Perth

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:04 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Verdict on Crown in Perth

6 out of 10.

I guess it was about as good as expected, maybe a bit worse. We struggled to get our contact in Perth to return our calls so despite initially being told we could get our stuff within a week or so of arrival it actually took 3 weeks with little information along the way.

The 2 (young) lads that delivered worked hard but hardly said a word to us. One of them put our dining room table together (not asked) and screwed through the top by using the wrong screws and somewhere along the line our computer desk got smashed to pieces but neither really upset us as it was cheap / old stuff.

We still haven't unpacked ornaments yet so there could be more damage.

What put me off the most was the feeling that they couldn't wait to get away. They asked us if we wanted help unpacking / re-assembling and you could tell they wanted us to say no. They did a bit reluctantly but were half running for the door as they asked were we okay to finish ourselves.

By the way, it was a funny feeling getting our stuff. We were very relieved to have sofas, beds and a washing machine. But somehow having weathered stuff in amongst our brand new stuff lowers the tone, IYKWIM. Nothing really fits (size or colour) either. There is loads of stuff we are now wondering why we bothered bringing. We have now had 2 days unpacking etc and still have lots to do. I guess it feels less like a holiday now
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Verdict on Crown in Perth

will u get cash back for the table?
Originally Posted by worzel
6 out of 10.

I guess it was about as good as expected, maybe a bit worse. We struggled to get our contact in Perth to return our calls so despite initially being told we could get our stuff within a week or so of arrival it actually took 3 weeks with little information along the way.

The 2 (young) lads that delivered worked hard but hardly said a word to us. One of them put our dining room table together (not asked) and screwed through the top by using the wrong screws and somewhere along the line our computer desk got smashed to pieces but neither really upset us as it was cheap / old stuff.

What put me off the most was the feeling that they couldn't wait to get away. They asked us if we wanted help unpacking / re-assembling and you could tell they wanted us to say no. They did a bit reluctantly but were half running for the door as they asked were we okay to finish ourselves.

By the way, it was a funny feeling getting our stuff. We were very relieved to have sofas, beds and a washing machine. But somehow having weathered stuff in amongst our brand new stuff lowers the tone, IYKWIM. Nothing really fits (size or colour) either. There is loads of stuff we are now wondering why we bothered bringing. We have now had 2 days unpacking etc and still have lots to do. I guess it feels less like a holiday now
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:33 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

6 out of 10.

Hope the rest is ok mate !
We are not taking much as its crappy cheap , but the better stuff is geting packed .
I know the wife is lookin forward to shopping for new beds sofas etc
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:34 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that the Perth end of the Crown operation wasn't as good as the UK side. Still, as long as those two pieces of furniture are all that was damaged that's not too bad.

I'd be upset if they damaged our sofa and matching easy chairs and the piano and the Welsh dresser and they better not damage any "ornaments" (stuff I'm emotionally attached to). Anything else I can live with.

Last week some people posted about the weird things that went missing from their shipments. Once you've unpacked everything, I'd be interested if anything is missing.

Hope you continue to settle in well.

Gina
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:12 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

6 out of 10.

Ya mean its not a permanent holiday!!
What is IYKWIM sorry probably obvious otherwise it will bug me!!

Glad ya settling hope everything else is ok!!

Kris xx
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:04 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
What is IYKWIM sorry probably obvious otherwise it will bug me!!
If You Know What I Mean. Feel free to add a H on the end if you want to sound like Frank Bruno
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:08 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by soapy
will u get cash back for the table?
Its not worth claiming. The excess on the insurance would barely cover it. Besides, we didn't use Crown's own insurance so I can't be bothered with the hassle for a couple of hundred dollars. As I said, the desk was a bit beaten up anyway. We can live with the table as we can eat outside as it is 32degrees ( to you all freezing back in the UK )
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:10 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I know the wife is lookin forward to shopping for new beds sofas etc
You want to watch that! My missus is either suggesting we dump stuff we brought as it doesn't look right or wants to buy extra to fill the gaps. Nip it in the bud if I were you
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:12 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I'd be interested if anything is missing.Gina
Nothing missing as far as I can tell. We even seem to be have lucky with locating things in boxes that could posibly have taken weeks to unearth.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Its not worth claiming. The excess on the insurance would barely cover it. Besides, we didn't use Crown's own insurance so I can't be bothered with the hassle for a couple of hundred dollars. As I said, the desk was a bit beaten up anyway. We can live with the table as we can eat outside as it is 32degrees ( to you all freezing back in the UK )
i know what u mean mate, its far too much hassle. just u soak up the rays and forget aboot it
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:48 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Your experience mirrors ours exactly. No complaints, they were just a little too much in a hurry and not wanting to put things together. Probably the same crew!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:07 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

E=worzel]Nothing missing as far as I can tell. We even seem to be have lucky with locating things in boxes that could posibly have taken weeks to unearth.[/QUOTE]
What , nothing missing ? check for can opener marks on the side of the container. ................. mm