Vehicle shipping to Oz ??

Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Default Vehicle shipping to Oz ??

Any body used Karman, or can any body recomend good car shipper
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:31 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice
Default Re: Vehicle shipping to Oz ??

Originally Posted by The Druid
Hi

I was going to ship my car out too and I had a look around and found these where one of the cheapest but I don't know what the service is like. My final quote that I got for a 20ft container was around the £1500 mark which is cheaper than most others I got one from. They also do a roll on roll off service too which is cheaper.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beegee
Hi

I was going to ship my car out too and I had a look around and found these where one of the cheapest but I don't know what the service is like. My final quote that I got for a 20ft container was around the £1500 mark which is cheaper than most others I got one from. They also do a roll on roll off service too which is cheaper.
Don't forget the insurance etc, etc - it could take you up to £3000++ from what I've heard, otherwise I'd be taking mine.
Cas
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Don't forget the insurance etc, etc - it could take you up to £3000++ from what I've heard, otherwise I'd be taking mine.
Cas
Plus import duty depending on the age of the car

G
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:47 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

I wasn't gonna insure mine what could possibly happen with it trapped inside a metal box on a boat for 28 days

There are many other costs you would have to bear in mind like the 25% of the cars value and the shipping costs...oh and the customs cost...oh and the Luxuary car tax too.... :scared:
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:49 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Originally Posted by Grayling
Plus import duty depending on the age of the car

G
Nope they have changed that too now otherwise the bloody car I bought to get around the 15 year rule would be going!! Damm customs grrrr
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Nope they have changed that too now otherwise the bloody car I bought to get around the 15 year rule would be going!! Damm customs grrrr
Beegee

It may be worthwhile for you to publish the new rules if they have changed so others will be informed.

Best wishes

G
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:12 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Originally Posted by Grayling
Beegee

It may be worthwhile for you to publish the new rules if they have changed so others will be informed.

Best wishes

G
I really only know what I was going through which now has changed. The way it was...was you could take a car that was 15 years old or more you did not get charged the 25% of the cars value. So your only costs where the shipping/insurance and getting a lience and rego. Now they have changed it to be the same as any car that you take over except it if's over 30 years old.
Which has left me a little miffed as I had the container and everything ready including the car that I bought for taking over. Ahwell

The customs site is

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4371

Look for the adobe guide
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Vehicle shipping to Oz ??

I really only know what I was going through which now has changed. The way it was...was you could take a car that was 15 years old or more you did not get charged the 25% of the cars value. So your only costs where the shipping/insurance and getting a lience and rego. Now they have changed it to be the same as any car that you take over except it if's over 30 years old.
Which has left me a little miffed as I had the container and everything ready including the car that I bought for taking over. Ahwell

The customs site is

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4371

Look for the adobe guide
Guys guys guys, you are all missing the point, The thread is on reputable shipping agents, I have pondered long and hard over the financial implication and basically decide it is worth my while to take the car.

Has any body actually used Karman or know and used a reputable shipping agent
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:22 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

I would really question the wisdom of spending so much money on moving a rapidly depreciating asset from one country to another.

Guys guys guys, you are all missing the point, The thread is on reputable shipping agents, I have pondered long and hard over the financial implication and basically decide it is worth my while to take the car.

Has any body actually used Karman or know and used a reputable shipping agent
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: Vehicle shipping to Oz ??

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
I would really question the wisdom of spending so much money on moving a rapidly depreciating asset from one country to another.

Thats half the problem "Rapidly Depreciating" I bough the car new in 2001 cost a fortune, not a "luxury" Car though but a nice "BIG" family size long distance tourer, it is now worth £15,000 and its still like "new" it burns my arse to part with it after losing so much cash, then get ripped by some used car spiff in Aus for an older smaller car, rather than give the used car spiff my hard earned cash I would rather use it to ship mine over.

On another note, the car in question will still sell in Aus for the same market value, ie if I decide to sell it a year down the line, I will get my £15,000 cash back and the cost of the shipping as these particular cars in Aus are imported in small numbers (relativly speaking compared to jap cars) and are quite expensive.

Theres logic in here somwhere, promise.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't gonna insure mine what could possibly happen with it trapped inside a metal box on a boat for 28 days
http://www.*****.co.uk/chat/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4179
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:33 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I was going to use my suitcase for my son's matchbox collection - does this count?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:33 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Thats half the problem "Rapidly Depreciating" I bough the car new in 2001 cost a fortune, not a "luxury" Car though but a nice "BIG" family size long distance tourer, it is now worth £15,000 and its still like "new" it burns my arse to part with it after losing so much cash, then get ripped by some used car spiff in Aus for an older smaller car, rather than give the used car spiff my hard earned cash I would rather use it to ship mine over.

On another note, the car in question will still sell in Aus for the same market value, ie if I decide to sell it a year down the line, I will get my £15,000 cash back and the cost of the shipping as these particular cars in Aus are imported in small numbers (relativly speaking compared to jap cars) and are quite expensive.

Theres logic in here somwhere, promise.
Sorry I must of missed putting this link in earlier

http://www.shippers.dircon.co.uk

They where the ones I was on about earlier. I am glad you have looked it to it and found it worth doing. I would still love to take mine out but the £4000 price hike from before they changed the rules is too much for me to take on principle. Also I hope you are aware that the value of an imported car will be less than an Australian delivered car.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

Tried all the web sites and got VERY confused.
So whent straight to customs and asked the question.....

If you p.m me with your e.mail address I will forward to you the reply and attachment that Australia Customs and Excise sent me.

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.