Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vehicle painters in Perth????

Vehicle painters in Perth????

Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

The Moore Family will become famous soon enoughThe Moore Family will become famous soon enough
Question Vehicle painters in Perth????

Hi, just wondering if there are any vehicle painters in the perth area who could give me some info about wages, number of vacancies etc.

I have applied for Independent Skilled Migration and am hoping to get the visa around June time.

Many thanks

Grant
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vehicle painters in Perth????

Originally Posted by The Moore Family
Hi, just wondering if there are any vehicle painters in the perth area who could give me some info about wages, number of vacancies etc.

I have applied for Independent Skilled Migration and am hoping to get the visa around June time.

Many thanks

Grant

Hi Grant

I am a fellow Essex boy and although I live in Victoria I deal with a lot of panel shops in Perth.

There is a real shortage of both panel beaters and sprayers in all of the states, so finding work won't be too difficult.

Salary wise I would think you would be looking in the region of $55-$65k, I might be a little bit out but don't be fooled by people telling you that you will be earning $100k per year you won't!

You can earn a lot more by contracting, but you will have to put the hours in. I was speaking to a panel shop in Sydney on Friday an he said that one of his painters earns $1500.00 per week but is putting in about 70 hours per week.

If you need any further info let me know.

John

p.s where are you working at the moment, I know most of the bodyshops in Essex and East London.