Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vehicle paint sprayer

Vehicle paint sprayer

Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vehicle paint sprayer

Hi my name is Jordan and i am a vehicle paint sprayer who works for Brooklyn ford. Is there any other paint sprayer out there who are in the process of emigrating or are already there. There's a few things that i am unsure of, like for example will i be able to take my own spray gun which would come over with all our furniture which could take weeks, or will the company's over there supply one, as i will have to look for work as soon as i get there. Is there a big demand for our job and is the pay good. Well if any one can help would be much appreciated.

Jordan
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:06 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vehicle paint sprayer

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi my name is Jordan and i am a vehicle paint sprayer who works for Brooklyn ford. Is there any other paint sprayer out there who are in the process of emigrating or are already there. There's a few things that i am unsure of, like for example will i be able to take my own spray gun which would come over with all our furniture which could take weeks, or will the company's over there supply one, as i will have to look for work as soon as i get there. Is there a big demand for our job and is the pay good. Well if any one can help would be much appreciated.

Jordan
I also had to start work soon after arriving so had to rely on either the firm or fellow tradesman for the use of a gun.
all of my guns were stripped,cleaned and shipped with no problems I did leave a few gun pots behind on the advice of the packers as they were a bit skanky!
as for demand i`ve had 2 jobs thusfar(first was a mare) and got those in the first week of being here plus there`s always jobs in our wednesday and saturday advertiser.
pay expect 20 an hour and a lot of colour matching
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply, can you tell me wether they are using water base paint and do they use bonus schemes. I need all the info i can, again thank you

Jordan

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Feb 19th 2006 at 8:56 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:08 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply, can you tell me wether they are using water base paint and do they use bonus schemes. I need all the info i can, again thank you

Jordan
only a couple of shops in adelaide use permahyd the rest are solvent(spies)
as for the other brands mainly solvent also.
Australia does`nt have the same VOC tonnage controls as the UK therefore solvent is king
As for bonus couple of shops north of the city operate bonus schemes(i`m told) and also have BMS but i`ve steered clear of em cos i can`t be arsed to chase it anymore!
feel free to pm if you prefer
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

sharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to allsharon n dave is a name known to all

Jordan

Hi i`m Dave also a vehicle paint sprayer hoping to move to Melbourne later this year.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:06 am
Just Joined

tuftyj is an unknown quantity at this point

Jordan
hello mate my name is Dan and i am spraying up on sunny coast at noosa. I took my guns in the luggage but they did pull me to one side and ask me what they were!! but that ment i could start work straight away. they prob wont supply guns so def bring them. there is plenty of work about but they pay is very sketchy, there are not many places i know of with bonus and like home its probably a con anyway. i am taking 700 home a week which is good for round here but is less than half what i was on back home but i dont have to work nearly as hard and i do a bit of o/t and it helps.if you want to know anything else just give us a shout.