Vegemite update

Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:27 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vegemite update

Well seeing as I havent been on here for a few weeks, thought it might be appropriate to give a quick update.

spent 2 weeks in canberra on business and have to say (apologies to all who live in canberra) CANBERRA SUCKS !!!!! finally got back to Perth (woohoo) and had the biggest smirk ever on my face as I stood at the baggage belt. Was quite surprised just how pleased I was to arrive back in Perth. Went back to Canberra via Sydney last week and had exactly the same reaction to coming home and trust me, it really did feel like I was coming home. I always knew Perth was good, but after my 2 trips to the east coast, I can truly say PERTH IS THE BEST.

I know not everybody will agree with me but given I have had 3 glasses of chocolate port I can honestly say - who cares !!! This is my opinion and I dont need validation from anyone !!!!

Chris's mum arrived last friday and has settled in very well (so well that she is now looking at properties in perth!!!) Its lovely to have her here and we are having so much fun showing her all the great things Perth has to offer. Hopefully by the time she has to go back (at end jan) she will have made decision to apply for permanent visa and we can expect her to be moving out here permanently sometime in 2006.

We put in an offer on some land a few weeks ago and have made a contract with a builder but in true vegemite fashion have now found a possible house to buy so are off to view that tomorrow and depending on the outcome, we could be pulling the plug on the whole buy/build idea.

I have reached my 3 month point at work and passed my probation with flying colours so am now permanent and Chris is starting his work experience in feb so is on holiday the whole time his mum is here, which works out fabby for him and her !

After 7 1/2 months here in Perth I have to say things are even better than we expected. We've made some great friends, we have fantastic neighbours, I have a great job and Chris is having a whole heap of fun being an apprentice stonemason.

If we had stayed in germany or gone back to the UK life would not have been as good as this (even though we would have been earning more money), and as an added bonus I havent had an arthritis attack for 7 months.

All I can say to finish is that I hope everybody moving to OZ is as fortunate as we have been, and I hope you enjoy it even half as much as we do.

Regards
Mairi & Chris
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vegemite update

Great post.

I hated Perth - big time, but it was lots to do with people we were staying with but even so still hated it.

You love it and that is great cos if everyone loved the same place the world would tip over

Really pleased the job is going well and you are enjoying the MIL being there :scared:

Keep living the dream - whatever any old troll may say.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:16 pm
Go Banana's !!

Only 3 glasses of chocolate port, you must be slipping !!

Warren

Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear that you are happy, happy, happy!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Mairi
Glad to hear that all is going well for you and Chris. I would love to visit Perth one day it sounds great and you lot seem to have such fun.

Good luck.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you Mairi, see ya at the next ladies night
Old Dec 10th 2004, 4:09 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

ooooooooooo mairi..glad your trip went well and mil arrived safely
will arrange the meet up with my mum soon after xmas maybe?...ive a week or so off then.

btw wheres the house ...u still looking near me?..
maybe you could call in when youve been to look?
Old Dec 10th 2004, 4:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Mairi - what a great post, so nice to hear someone having so much fun! Keep up the good work
Old Dec 10th 2004, 6:35 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff, Mairi!!

Glad to hear things are going well. REALLY hope you are coming next Friday to the Ladies X-mas night. We MISS you!!

Siren
Old Dec 10th 2004, 6:41 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Good one Mairi!

Exciting stuff with house!
Hey, I was wondering, do you get any time of work over the holidays? Are you going anywhere, or just daytrips?
I always wonder how you can with cats? Or do they go to a cattery if you do?

Hope to see you maybe Sunday in King's Park???

And otherwise next Friday!

seeya,

Simone