Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vegemite love it or loath it?

Vegemite love it or loath it?

Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Vegemite love it or loath it?

do you have vegemite in the UK..???
i love it and miss it..most people i have met who didn't grow up with it..say they can't stand it...just wondering as to how newcomers here like it or not...also..what about ...meat pies....?..they are not so popular here in Canada.......yet back home (australia) they are everywhere...and the gourmet pies are very popular.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Heathertoes will become famous soon enoughHeathertoes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Vegemite love it or loath it?

Bleugh!!

Yes we do have Vegemite saw it today in Tescos. I luuurve Marmite and so does my son. We did try the Vegemite on our visit to Oz at Easter, but I am afraid we could not be converted. We were relieved to see Marmite - or My Mate on the shelves in the food stores.

You do get meat pies over here - but whether they are the same as Oz I don't know. I know that you don't get meat pie floaters over here like you get in Oz - Yukky.

Each to their own
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
i love it and miss it..most people i have met who didn't grow up with it..say they can't stand it...just wondering as to how newcomers here like it or not...also..what about ...meat pies....?..they are not so popular here in Canada.......yet back home (australia) they are everywhere...and the gourmet pies are very popular.

Hi, my kids love vegemite, they don`t seem to dislike marmite, but we always have vegemite and i do too.Trying to convert them before we get to Oz and no problems, but they are only nearly 4 and 2. Tracy
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

urghhhhhhh disgusting stuff!!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Yes we have, my other half couldn't cope without it. I have started to like it, but only with cheese on a cracker mind
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pako
Yes we have, my other half couldn't cope without it. I have started to like it, but only with cheese on a cracker mind
yuk:scared:
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:11 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

We get through an industrial sized jar of vegemite a week

As to marmite....ewww....runny horrid stuff

Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

Marmite is the best, but if you put on 3 times as much Vegamite it tastes familiar, but both are yummy. mmmmmmm
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jo_west
Marmite is the best, but if you put on 3 times as much Vegamite it tastes familiar, but both are yummy. mmmmmmm
my mate is the best
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
urghhhhhhh disgusting stuff!!

I love it
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

chuckling here as i read the *yucks* and the ....can't stomach it....etc.....i am like that about marmite..... :scared:

but on a good note...vegemite is high in the B groups of vitamins...is good for kids..but be aware..is also high in yeast........!!...
Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

I like vegemite too... a millimetre veneer of vegemite spread widely and topped with half an inch of peanut butter spread thickly and accompanied by a bananna.It's really healthy and "moorish"
How do you spell banana one N or two Ns....
Also I do like Aussie meat pies... do you all recognise a high level of sophistication in my diet....

Oldgit
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldgit
I like vegemite too... a millimetre veneer of vegemite spread widely and topped with half an inch of peanut butter spread thickly and accompanied by a bananna.It's really healthy and "moorish"
How do you spell banana one N or two Ns....
Also I do like Aussie meat pies... do you all recognise a high level of sophistication in my diet....

Oldgit
Geez, Vegemite, peanut butter and banana. :scared:

Vegemite is widely available in the UK now (Kraft is a multinational and was taken over a while back, by a Swiss company, not Nestle, I vaguely recollect? A friend who worked at Kraft in Port Melbourne lost her highly paid job after the take over but I digress).

Anyway, Tesco and other supermarkets as well as most health food shops in the UK now sell the 'black nectar'. My favourite (every morning and if I'm peckish at night) is to lightly toast ciabatta bread and cover with a little butter and not too thick a spread of Vegemite.

Incidentally, Morrison's supermarkets (the one we go to anyway) now sell Darrell Lea soft eating licorice which is so much better than the rubbish they make here. Just like Vegemite vs Marmite.

http://www.dlea.com.au/wcm/viewdoc.asp?DocID=3

OzTennis
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice

LOVE IT!

You have to give it to your baby on a rusk to learn to like.

Now my mother in law :scared: . . . . . . . .

makes salad sandwiches with vegemite - YUK!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by goldcoastrealestate
LOVE IT!

You have to give it to your baby on a rusk to learn to like.

Now my mother in law :scared: . . . . . . . .

makes salad sandwiches with vegemite - YUK!
Marmite and banana butties...........now were talkin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.