Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

VCE Results (Melbourne)

VCE Results (Melbourne)

Old Jun 1st 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default VCE Results (Melbourne)

Looking at different areas and schools for the area, I came across this:
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/stati...choolstats.pdf

Now, I am not a fan of league tables but thought it might be interesting, especially as people are keen on which schools in which areas provide good results.

Just thought it might be interesting for those that are looking.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:06 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: VCE Results (Melbourne)

Originally Posted by coxfamuk

Now, I am not a fan of league tables but thought it might be interesting, especially as people are keen on which schools in which areas provide good results.

Bless your cotton socks.... I know it's only one out of many, many, many things to look at.... but it's something to while away the hours with... and I did spend several hours looking for exactly this yesterday!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: VCE Results (Melbourne)

Originally Posted by floss

Bless your cotton socks.... I know it's only one out of many, many, many things to look at.... but it's something to while away the hours with... and I did spend several hours looking for exactly this yesterday!
Glad to be of assistance - and some karma for you for all of your hard work yesterday
Old Jun 1st 2005, 5:18 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good site Coxy, you should put it on the Britvics site to.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great idea - will do exactly that!!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Great idea - will do exactly that!!
What does the stats tell? I am not familiar with this schooling system and what MET / VET etc. stands for ..

Anyone?

/Jørgen
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jskogsta
What does the stats tell? I am not familiar with this schooling system and what MET / VET etc. stands for ..

Anyone?

/Jørgen
VET stands for vocational educational training. VCE stands for Victorian Certificate of Education. Schools offer up three types of qualification. The VCE, I believe, is the standard high school certificate (like GCSE/A levels here in the UK). The VET has more practical/vocational thread to it - giving almost a trade, if I understand it correctly. VAL I think is some form of advanced learning, but I am not sure. All in all, what I have read about it, it seems to be a good system, and caters for all pupils across the board, ensuring that those children who are not necessarily that academic, walk away with some form of qualification.

What the table tells you is how many students took the VCE, VET, VAL and how many passed it (as a %) and what the average VCE score was - the higher the average, the higher the marks per child. It also tells you how many VCE modules are on offer indicating the range of subjects available.

Hope this helps

Sarah
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

linnie2003 is on a distinguished road

another site that might be of interest for those in Victoria
http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/schoolsonline/
cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:38 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Great website. Thanks.

Another one for the favourites file!!!

D D