Reload this Page >

VB Fourex XXXX off

Wikiposts

VB Fourex XXXX off

Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VB Fourex XXXX off

Have been living in Noosa, Sunshine Coast - the place to be - for the past 18 months and have just about tried everything. Only one person seems to be making sense (and she seems to be a woman UN-CO. Beez Neez is the bo****cks, on tap or bottled. As regards to Newkie Broons you can get it hear but it expensive.
rob&kim
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:35 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
Someone asked about a year ago if they can get stella in Australia and this is what I reckoned:

You can get Stella in a lot of bars in the major cities, although to me the taste is quite a let down from the equivalent in the UK. I have found that drinkers in each state are quite loyal to their local brews - however bad it tastes! There is one exception to this rule which is Victoria Bitter, which is generally sold all over the country. The beer in SA is quite possibly the worst of all, although there is also one exception to this (called Coopers Sparkling I think) which is quite palatable. the Victorian people's favourite premium lager is Carlton Crown Lager, although I think this is overrated. The Carlton Cold did not used to be too bad, but the recipe was changed and the alcohol percentage was reduced by about 0.5% a while ago and it lost a lot of it's kick. The same applies for Carlton Draught, which on my first visit to Australia four years ago or so was a nice drink - which has now been ruined. In perth, Swan Lager is the go and I think it tasted ok but I cannot remember entirely how is tastes as I only had about two pints when I was over there. You say you have tried the XXXX so I'll skip over this, with only a mention to see if you tried the XXXX Gold or XXXX Bitter. XXXXGold tastes awful but the XXXX Bitter is the best of a bad bunch up there in Qld. In Sydney/most of NSW (except Broken Hill which is more SA influenced) Tooheys is the go. Tooheys New is not a bad drop, but it MUST be served ice cold otherwise it is ruined. A lot of people rave on about the Tasmanian beers - Cascade or James Boag's, but I failed to see what all the fuss was about on my visit to Tassie. They are nothing special. The best beer of all though for the premium beer drinker is Melbourne Bitter. A sterling 4.9% brew for me stands head & shoulders above any other Australian beer I have tried. Overlooked by many Australian Beer drinkers for beers such as VB, Carlton Draught or Crown Lager, Melbourne Bitter is definitely Australia's most underrated beer. Unfortunately though, this means that not many pubs have the Melbourne Bitter on tap. The only place I have found it was at a small pub/hotel/pizza restaraunt place near the centre of Hobart.

I have not mentioned Light beer as I personally wouldn't touch the stuff, but my missus who likes the odd light beer now + again reccommends Cascade Light as the top light beer.

Also, as a side note, Real Ale drinkers prepare to be disappointed. VERY disappointed at that. I like the odd real ale over in blighty and have a hard time finding any decent ones in oz. The only one that vaguely satisfied my desire for an ale was the local IPA at the James Squire brewhouse in melbourne, which I think is on Russell Street. Some of the "British Pubs" say they sell Greene King's Abott Ale, which is my very favourite cask ale but beware that this is a very different brew than the superb ale sold in the UK. They have managed to turn into a sort of extra-strength clone of John Smith's Smooth.

regards
NJJ
After reading this CRAP all i can say is NJJ is "spread yer cheeks wider son , the world needs more sunshine" Hell everybody "baccus" is back in town , i would love a night on the the piss with you , my lord ship ......... MM
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:53 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by NJJ
Someone asked about a year ago if they can get stella in Australia and this is what I reckoned:

You can get Stella in a lot of bars in the major cities, although to me the taste is quite a let down from the equivalent in the UK. I have found that ....

regards
NJJ
I drank lager until I was 18, then bitter until my late 20s when I first arrived in Australia. Now I never touch the bitter, I've come full circle.

I remember lining up every tinny in the NT one night and trying them all.
Melbourne Bitter looked just like VB but in a different coloured can(?!) XXX was the worst. Got pissed with the bar maid, and we had this thing going where I punted all the empties across the bar in to her bin, she then gave me the score lol. She loved the old footy. Jesus..

I will drink anything, but like the Tooheys Dry best, and Cascade is nice. Carlton Cold and VB is good for the bar fridge for your guests to drink.

Badge

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:35 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
I drank lager until I was 18, then bitter until my late 20s when I first arrived in Australia. Now I never touch the bitter, I've come full circle.

I remember lining up every tinny in the NT one night and trying them all.
Melbourne Bitter looked just like VB but in a different coloured can(?!) XXX was the worst. Got pissed with the bar maid, and we had this thing going where I punted all the empties across the bar in to her bin, she then gave me the score lol. She loved the old footy. Jesus..

I will drink anything, but like the Tooheys Dry best, and Cascade is nice. Carlton Cold and VB is good for the bar fridge for your guests to drink.

Badge
Yeah one of your , i,ve been here . I got the tee shirt posts , WE are discussing Aust beer , Get with the PROGRAMME, ................ mm
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Yeah one of your , i,ve been here . I got the tee shirt posts , WE are discussing Aust beer , Get with the PROGRAMME, ................ mm
What's your problem exactly?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:52 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by biggy
I agree its total piss...I am on the cider now
FFS doll the way you drink u wouldnae ken if it was piss or cider lol

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:59 pm
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

Ok cheers for the input and believe me when it comes to beer it all counts.

I will go ahead and purchase a home brew kit when I get the time and keep you updated on my encounters with the gurgling beast.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:14 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mr mover
That reminds me, did anyone see the new series on ABC this week from UK called "Grumpy old men" ?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:17 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

i know you can get stella over there but can you get strongbow cider...i love the stuff no wonder i'm getting more rounded by the day
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:29 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Bordy
That reminds me, did anyone see the new series on ABC this week from UK called "Grumpy old men" ?
were you on it doll lol

sent u pm

xxx

Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:38 pm
Go Banana's !!

yeh along with Warren

jill

Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maggy
were you on it doll lol

sent u pm

xxx

Geez being attacked by my own countrywomen now.

Got your pm, what did you mean about Leather & whips??? :scared:

Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Got your pm, what did you mean about Leather & whips??? :scared:
Isn't that why the P in PM stands for private?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:00 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Isn't that why the P in PM stands for private?
obviously it means public

btw - tooheys dry
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:15 am
Badge

Originally Posted by wmoore
What's your problem exactly?
I like Mr Mover. And anyway, I was discussing the beer. I remember the exercise as a distinct exploration of the many beers that Australia could offer.

Badge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.