Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Varsity Lakes rental with a pool?

Varsity Lakes rental with a pool?

Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Varsity Lakes rental with a pool?

Steve- thanks for the reply. We have not rented a house for as long as I can remember (I bought my first flat when I was 23, and have never looked back), so we will have no references etc.....and I am happy to hear that the universal "money talks" applies to Aus. 6 months in advance should do the trick !

I am so looking forward to arriving....but when I think of all we have to do in the next 7 weeks, it is quite daunting. Three properties yet to sell, and a life to pack up (AND I am still working, and will be so up until the 11th hour)....

Who said life wasn't exciting !

Nix
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:21 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Varsity Lakes rental with a pool?

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Steve- thanks for the reply. We have not rented a house for as long as I can remember (I bought my first flat when I was 23, and have never looked back), so we will have no references etc.....and I am happy to hear that the universal "money talks" applies to Aus. 6 months in advance should do the trick !

I am so looking forward to arriving....but when I think of all we have to do in the next 7 weeks, it is quite daunting. Three properties yet to sell, and a life to pack up (AND I am still working, and will be so up until the 11th hour)....

Who said life wasn't exciting !

Nix
sent you a message
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:53 am

?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
sent you a message
THank you for doing that........every bit of help counts!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Steve, would you mind to tell us what you paid for your Varsity Lakes rental..?
It looks in exactly the position that we will be looking in May.....
It would help to get an idea.

Thanks!
Nix
Hi Nix

Just wanted to say good luck with sorting your rental, your arriving a month ahead of us so hopefully we won't be in competition!

Lindsay x
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Hi Nix

Just wanted to say good luck with sorting your rental, your arriving a month ahead of us so hopefully we won't be in competition!

Lindsay x
Hopefully we will have some advice to give you !!!

Nix
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully we will have some advice to give you !!!

Nix

I'm always willing to accept advice , let us know how you get on

Lindsay x
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:48 pm
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

ooohh, we're leaving for the gold coast on the 27th april too!!! (via melbourne to visit families!)
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chocciecake
ooohh, we're leaving for the gold coast on the 27th april too!!! (via melbourne to visit families!)

Maybe see you on the other side then!

Lindsay x
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

Hi

We are currently renting in Varsity Lakes and our daughter is 9 year old and goes to Varsity College.

We are in a rental it's 4 beds, no pool, no air-con, no fans, and we pay £470 a week.

We came over in August last year and found it really hard to find a rental that was decent! We could not believe that every time we went to look at a rental so did around 15 -20 other people. Some weren't clean or even tidy whilst you were walking around.

We found that getting a rental worked on a point system, you got so many points for having a reference, Oz drivers licence, medicare card, utility bill, passport etc. When we arrived we only had passports and money in our bank and we got a property within 3 weeks of being here. But it was hard trying to find one in Varsity that wasn't too expensive and had pretty good appliances etc, and we finally put in an application before we viewed inside the property and once we had viewed it just asked them to process it. But we think we are paying over the odds as it doesn't have air-con or fans. We also have the nosiest and the noisiest neighbours - but that's a different story!!

Our lease is up in middle of March and we have been trying to get a property with a pool close by, we put in an application last week for a 3 bed with pool at $450 a week and told them we would pay up front and we also had all of the documents that were required - but we still didn't get it because they received so many applications for the 1 property. So far we haven't seen anything else that is decent and not on a complex with a pool. So we are struggling at the moment, and will have to stay here until we find another. Although we are considering returning home.

We are also looking at Elanora and Currumbin as they are really lovely areas and we have been told that the Currmbin State primary school is really good, so we are taking those areas into consideration also.

Good Luck hope the move goes well.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:19 am

where we are some available units to rent (varsitiy lakes)

3/4 bed, air con, shared pool and fans. i spoke to the manager yesterday funny enough, and all were under $470

Let me know

Whoops...sorry its on a complex, but a nice 1

Last edited by dinner-dash; Mar 3rd 2009 at 3:42 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:48 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
where we are some available units to rent (varsitiy lakes)

3/4 bed, air con, shared pool and fans. i spoke to the manager yesterday funny enough, and all were under $470

Let me know

Whoops...sorry its on a complex, but a nice 1
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1236057946

three houses form a list of 42 shown some may be on complexes and some may be at what was know as the stevens end of varsity
( no so disirable apparently ) all 42 on this link

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...der=&m=0&s=qld

regard steve

Last edited by steve`o; Mar 3rd 2009 at 4:54 am.