Reload this Page >

Varsity College One of the Best State Schools in QLD

Varsity College One of the Best State Schools in QLD

Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

mariandyok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Varsity College One of the Best State Schools in QLD

Hi,

we arrived on 7th Jan and have just enrolled our kids, Brandon 17 & Bethany 14 at Varsity College on the Gold Coast.We were informed yesterday that they had got 8 students with an OP score of 1 this year, which means they had 8 kids in the top 2% of all kids in QLD.

We were very impressed by the school and so were the kids. You have to live in the catchment to get in or go on the waiting list if not.

If anybody requires any more info on the school, they do have a website.

Andy
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: Varsity College One of the Best State Schools in QLD

Andy - thanks for this post. I have done a fair bit of research on GOld Coast Schools and Varsity College certainly was up there with the "best of the best" as far as government schools go. I am hoping to get our daughter into Grade One there when we arrive in May. Clover Hill was also mentioned as a good school.
Posting personal experiences helps those that are in process of making important life decisions - so thank you for your post.

Nix
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Andy - thanks for this post. I have done a fair bit of research on GOld Coast Schools and Varsity College certainly was up there with the "best of the best" as far as government schools go. I am hoping to get our daughter into Grade One there when we arrive in May. Clover Hill was also mentioned as a good school.
Posting personal experiences helps those that are in process of making important life decisions - so thank you for your post.

Nix
I live in the Varsity catchment area, although I choose not to send my kids there. They are very strict with their catchment area policy, although there are plenty of rentals available around the schools at the moment, in fact, I have never seen so many at the start of a school year.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike

Nix
Our 4 yr old starts prep at Clover Hill on Tuesday, we were very impressed with the school, very modern, air conditioned classrooms, the principal and deputy were friendly and welcoming. Also looked at Mudgeeraba State school, again we were impressed but the school is old, and is on massive grounds which we thought our 4 yr old would find daunting
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debsy
I live in the Varsity catchment area, although I choose not to send my kids there. They are very strict with their catchment area policy, although there are plenty of rentals available around the schools at the moment, in fact, I have never seen so many at the start of a school year.
Hi Debs,

why did you choose not to send your children to Varsity? I am intrigued

Andy
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mariandyok
Hi Debs,

why did you choose not to send your children to Varsity? I am intrigued

Andy
My daughter won an academic scholarship to a private school which last year ranked best in the state for OP.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

My daughter won an academic scholarship to a private school which last year ranked best in the state for OP.
Congratulations to her! Hope she achieves to her potential.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

we arrived on 7th Jan and have just enrolled our kids, Brandon 17 & Bethany 14 at Varsity College on the Gold Coast.We were informed yesterday that they had got 8 students with an OP score of 1 this year, which means they had 8 kids in the top 2% of all kids in QLD.

We were very impressed by the school and so were the kids. You have to live in the catchment to get in or go on the waiting list if not.

If anybody requires any more info on the school, they do have a website.

Andy
hi andy our 16 yr old terri attends varsity ( has done for 2 yrs ) shes going into yr 12 on tuesday, its a great school with an active pnc ( pta in english )
get in touch if you need any info

regards steve
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations to her! Hope she achieves to her potential.
Yes, I am sure she will. A few of my friends have children who attend Varsity and they are very happy with the School.

Good luck
Debs
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Angry Re: Varsity College One of the Best State Schools in QLD

Yes, I am sure she will. A few of my friends have children who attend Varsity and they are very happy with the School.

Good luck
Debs
I have to say exactly the opposite. We have just taken our 14 year old out of Varsity and sent him back to private school

Sorry to those of you who are happy with the school - I guess a lot of life is what you make of it -our son has an excellent brain with a lazy attitude - he needs to be constantly pushed (just like I was at school ) We found that didn't happen and his grades fell faster than the rain this weekend !

To be fair we were absolutely thrilled when he got in there as we had heard very good things too, but we very quickly lost the shine :curse:

I know many parents are more than happy with the school, I am just trying to give a balanced picture as it didn't suit us
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Varsity College One of the Best State Schools in QLD

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi andy our 16 yr old terri attends varsity ( has done for 2 yrs ) shes going into yr 12 on tuesday, its a great school with an active pnc ( pta in english )
get in touch if you need any info

regards steve
Your Terri isn't the lass from Manchester with the beautiful singing voice from the 80's show is she ?? Sang "Gory of Love" (Peter Cetera) with a sore throat and still sounded awesome - she blew the socks off the other kids she was sooooo good
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:33 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunnyMD
Your Terri isn't the lass from Manchester with the beautiful singing voice from the 80's show is she ?? Sang "Gory of Love" (Peter Cetera) with a sore throat and still sounded awesome - she blew the socks off the other kids she was sooooo good
yes she`s a high soprano and yes she was very ill during the show

thanks for the complement
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Varsity College One of the Best State Schools in QLD

Originally Posted by steve`o
yes she`s a high soprano and yes she was very ill during the show

thanks for the complement
You're welcome and she deserved it

Alex (Feargal the nerd) came home following rehearsal and told us (and I quote) :

"There's 1 girl from Manchester who will make you cry"

We weren't sure what to make of that until he continued

She'll make you cry cos her voice is so good - praise from a teenager - she's highly honoured and really deserved it
Old Jan 27th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SunnyMD
I have to say exactly the opposite. We have just taken our 14 year old out of Varsity and sent him back to private school

Sorry to those of you who are happy with the school - I guess a lot of life is what you make of it -our son has an excellent brain with a lazy attitude - he needs to be constantly pushed (just like I was at school ) We found that didn't happen and his grades fell faster than the rain this weekend !

To be fair we were absolutely thrilled when he got in there as we had heard very good things too, but we very quickly lost the shine :curse:

I know many parents are more than happy with the school, I am just trying to give a balanced picture as it didn't suit us
I dont have any personal experience regarding VC and only go by what I have been told by others. See my previous post.

Good luck in the new private school. My daughter said they had a lot of new kids at her school today.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Our 12 yr old goes to Varsity. We are happy with it (although our daughter was at a damn good school in the UK) as we know it's the best that state and some privates get!!.
I've got to know quite a few local Robina/varsity parents and was told that when Varsity first opened parents were pulling kids out of private schools to send them there... and some still are.

i looked into private school for our daughter last year before she started Varsity, and was fortunate to know some teachers working in both private and state schools here on the coast and the general vibe is if a private school is worth it, you won't get in as it will have a huge waiting list. Families who have lived here for years who know what is what and put there kids on the good private waiting list asap. i.e when they are born!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.