Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

valued opinions...

valued opinions...

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:01 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default valued opinions...

Im hoping someone can answer this for me...Im asking on behalf of a friend(honest)and Im not sure of the answer...
She is training to be a hairdresser. Once she has finished her training how long does she have to have been doing that occupation before she can apply to the TRA for an assessment..

I am thinking she has to have done at least the last 12 months before applying...
appreciate correcting or aggreeing that this is the case

Anybody been in this position (or one similar)...?

Thanx

peppi
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: valued opinions...

Originally posted by peppi
Im hoping someone can answer this for me...Im asking on behalf of a friend(honest)and Im not sure of the answer...
She is training to be a hairdresser. Once she has finished her training how long does she have to have been doing that occupation before she can apply to the TRA for an assessment..

I am thinking she has to have done at least the last 12 months before applying...
appreciate correcting or aggreeing that this is the case

Anybody been in this position (or one similar)...?

Thanx

peppi
Hi Peppi,
Generally I think you have to be in paid employment for 12 of the last 18 months in your chosen skill.
However hairdressing was on the list of skills in shortage - like nurses - so maybe the rules are different then.
Let's see what the experts say
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Peppi, think you will have to try the immigration forum.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 6:06 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by Bix
Peppi, think you will have to try the immigration forum.
Yes I did think that initially...do it now
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I did think that initially...do it now

If you are training to be a hairdresser dont you need to show POST 3 years work experience after your deeming date ??
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:13 am
Moomin member

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
If you are training to be a hairdresser dont you need to show POST 3 years work experience after your deeming date ??
So does that mean once she has finished training and got the certificates she can apply...
Think this occupation is on the "high wants" list at the minute...as that why this may be so....?
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

So does that mean once she has finished training and got the certificates she can apply...
Think this occupation is on the "high wants" list at the minute...as that why this may be so....?

hairdressing is on the MODL, but i was under the impression you needed to demonstrate post qualification experience of min 18mths +