British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Validation Trip by Tourist Agency (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/validation-trip-tourist-agency-659317/)

A.I.Hassan Mar 14th 2010 6:25 pm

Validation Trip by Tourist Agency

Hi,

I'm looking for tourist agencies who are specialized in validation trips to Australia. Does this kind of agencies exist? Any web sites/contact information?

Any experience in that regards is appreciated.

Thanks!

caliburn Mar 14th 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Validation Trip by Tourist Agency

Originally Posted by A.I.Hassan (Post 8419345)
Hi,

I'm looking for tourist agencies who are specialized in validation trips to Australia. Does this kind of agencies exist? Any web sites/contact information?

Thanks!

Yes, I run a Tourist Ageny specifically for validation trips. We have different packages to choose from... QuickOzzie, EasyOzzie, YummyOzzie, NutsOzzie and OzzieOzzie. The last one can be tailored to suit your specific needs. It will only help to know your requirements in more detail.

Bye now. I can hear the moderators coming after me. I'm not supposed to advertise my own business here you know, against forum policy. But, sometimes I just can't help.

sniffydog Mar 14th 2010 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by A.I.Hassan (Post 8419345)
Hi,

Thanks!

To validate you just need to arrive in Aus- so the easy thing to do is book a flight and a hotel independently...

A.I.Hassan Mar 15th 2010 6:36 am

Originally Posted by sniffydog (Post 8419433)
To validate you just need to arrive in Aus- so the easy thing to do is book a flight and a hotel independently...

Thanks sniffydog,

It will be a validation trip and a search-for-job trip at the same time. I have been told that searching for a job remotely is quite impossible. I can see now that this is true after receiving zero response for many submissions.

I presume at least one month is required. To book a hotel for one month is quite expensive. That's why I'm looking for "packages" option.

Does anyone know if such options are available? Motel/Apartment/Studio rent for one-month?

Thanks!

Daydreamer123 Mar 15th 2010 6:39 am

You can rent an apartment as a holiday let, for a month. We did that when we came over before we found a long term rental.

Pollyana Mar 15th 2010 8:05 am

Originally Posted by A.I.Hassan (Post 8420379)
Thanks sniffydog,

It will be a validation trip and a search-for-job trip at the same time. I have been told that searching for a job remotely is quite impossible. I can see now that this is true after receiving zero response for many submissions.

I presume at least one month is required. To book a hotel for one month is quite expensive. That's why I'm looking for "packages" option.

Does anyone know if such options are available? Motel/Apartment/Studio rent for one-month?

Thanks!

If you really want to get a travel agent to organise this for you, don't bother asking for a "Validation trip" package - that won't mean a thing to them. Just tell them you want a month's holiday in Aus, and the visa is already sorted, then just get them to find the flights and accomm for you.

The Bloke Mar 15th 2010 9:07 am

Originally Posted by sniffydog (Post 8419433)

I've heard of some people who fly over, get the stamp in immigration, go back through departures and fly back in the same day.....

wanderingwombat Mar 15th 2010 9:16 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 8420621)
I've heard of some people who fly over, get the stamp in immigration, go back through departures and fly back in the same day.....

Saves on hotel bills and having to change currencies.

Think of the duty-free savings.:D
Excellent brinkspersonship on a day trip to Calais. :D

Amazulu Mar 15th 2010 12:08 pm

I know someone who did this: London to Sydney, a few hours at the airport and back again.

JenniGee Mar 15th 2010 8:53 pm

We did it in a week door to door to Melbourne from K*nt...nearly killed us, never again!!! Lol!!!

Loads of cheap ways to do this though, you don't need an agent at all...

Try:

www.travelzoo.com.au
www.travelonline.com.au
www.zuji.com.au
www.wotif.com.au

for plenty of cheap accommodation deals :) & rent a car from
www.vroomvrooomvroom.com.au

Good luck & enjoy :)

moneypenny20 Mar 16th 2010 2:20 am

Wouldn't give you time to get a job though would it? Unless you were after employment at Maccas in the arrivals hall :blink: