Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation trip or redo medicals

Validation trip or redo medicals

Old Sep 14th 2004, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Validation trip or redo medicals

Hi everyone,

I am currently wondering what would be the best option.

Summary: 138, Australian Sponsored, frontloaded as advised by my agent on March 31st 04. apart from acknowledgement, not heard a thing. PCC and meds expire end of Nov 04 and I am trying to plan my work holidays in case i need to make an urgent validation trip.

1) how big is the chance that my visa will come through, considering that i am under 138 and there is the whole centrelink novelty. I guess if they contact me now to get the bond lodged, it would be anoter 6 weeks before the visa is issued, that would bring me to end of October and would leave me 2 weeks to validate. Is this possible????? Do you think that Dimia would consider extending the validity of my PCC and medicals? That would be a bummer because (see number 2)

2) i would very much prefer to redo the medicals as it would be cheaper than a return airfare.

Anyone heard about a similar case? What do you recommend? The thing is i would like to book a 2-week trip to Canada to visit my bf who will be there end of Nov. I wonder how long i have to wait before booking in case Dimia statues.

I asked my agent to check with Dimia whats up with my application....

Any advice appreciated anyway.

Also, something totally different.... anyone of you has ever worked for the ski resort developper giant called "Intrawest"????? I would like to go for a job with them and need all the info! Have already researched the net!

Thanks for reading!!!!

fabie
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Validation trip or redo medicals

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hi everyone,

I am currently wondering what would be the best option.

Summary: 138, Australian Sponsored, frontloaded as advised by my agent on March 31st 04. apart from acknowledgement, not heard a thing. PCC and meds expire end of Nov 04 and I am trying to plan my work holidays in case i need to make an urgent validation trip.

1) how big is the chance that my visa will come through, considering that i am under 138 and there is the whole centrelink novelty. I guess if they contact me now to get the bond lodged, it would be anoter 6 weeks before the visa is issued, that would bring me to end of October and would leave me 2 weeks to validate. Is this possible????? Do you think that Dimia would consider extending the validity of my PCC and medicals? That would be a bummer because (see number 2)

2) i would very much prefer to redo the medicals as it would be cheaper than a return airfare.

Anyone heard about a similar case? What do you recommend? The thing is i would like to book a 2-week trip to Canada to visit my bf who will be there end of Nov. I wonder how long i have to wait before booking in case Dimia statues.

I asked my agent to check with Dimia whats up with my application....

Any advice appreciated anyway.

Also, something totally different.... anyone of you has ever worked for the ski resort developper giant called "Intrawest"????? I would like to go for a job with them and need all the info! Have already researched the net!

Thanks for reading!!!!

fabie
Sorry Fabs
Cant help you I am afraid. Hope that you are ok now. Seems like the love life is going well these days
Take care.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debsy
Sorry Fabs
Cant help you I am afraid. Hope that you are ok now. Seems like the love life is going well these days
Take care.
Hey debsy!!!!

Thanks for your response! and good luck for ur trip, very soon now i guess!!!
Yup, love life is good, fingers crossed though!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hey debsy!!!!

Thanks for your response! and good luck for ur trip, very soon now i guess!!!
Yup, love life is good, fingers crossed though!
Yes Fabs
Only a couple of weeks left.

Back home to finish the packing on Sunday. Then I am off.