British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   validation trip. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/validation-trip-322467/)

Dreamaway 10 Aug 26th 2005 5:37 pm

validation trip.

Hi guys we are just back from our validation trip to Brisbane.We flew with Singapore airlines and the cabin crew were as good as everyone had said they could not do enough for us and good with the kids too.My only grumble is I wish we could have afforded to fly business Class.(one day maybe)
We headed up onto the Sunshine Coast and stayed in Noosa.This was lovely.
Looked all around the Noosa hinterland the scenery was breathtaking.
Went to Buderim really nice place but amazed at how big it is it is really spread out.
The weather was really good apart from the Friday (which happened to be my husband's birthday)as it poured down with rain nearly all day and it was really cold.
Apparently it was the coldest day in Queensland for 100 years.
We were going to take the kids to Australia Zoo but decided that with the weather it just would not be a good idea so we took a drive up to Maleny and Montville although raining this area was beautiful it reminded me a bit of North Wales with all the forests around and of course the rain.
A few days later we wenty to Australia Zoo which was great the kids got to feed an elephant and some kangaroos.Touched a snake and patted a Koala.Great day out.
We got onto the beaches as often as we could all excellent our favourites were Coolum ,Sunshine beach and Laguna Bay .
Looked at various other areas and Schools etc.
We went to Brisbane on the way back to the airport and I was surprised at how big it was.We did not have very long there so it was difficult to get a real feel for the place,but I have to say I prefer Perth city,just my opinion though.
We went to have a look at a business which we wanted but we were not in the position to go for it as we have not sold our house back in the UK yet.
Hubby got an offer of a job so something really positive came from that.
So we had a fab time and its all systems go cannot wait to get back for good.
Just got to sell the house now which is proving to be difficult we have just changed agents and dropped the price again so you never know.We live in hope.
Dreamaway

wallabyWannabe Aug 26th 2005 5:47 pm

Re: validation trip.

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Hi guys we are just back from our validation trip to Brisbane.We flew with Singapore airlines and the cabin crew were as good as everyone had said they could not do enough for us and good with the kids too.My only grumble is I wish we could have afforded to fly business Class.(one day maybe)
Went to Buderim really nice place but amazed at how big it is it is really spread out.
The weather was really good apart from the Friday (which happened to be my husband's birthday)as it poured down with rain nearly all day and it was really cold.
We were going to take the kids to Australia Zoo but decided that with the weather it just would not be a good idea so we took a drive up to Maleny and Montville although raining this area was beautiful it reminded me a bit of North Wales with all the forests around and of course the rain.
A few days later we wenty to Australia Zoo which was great the kids got to feed an elephant and some kangaroos.Touched a snake and patted a Koala.Great day out.
We got onto the beaches as often as we could all excellent our favourites were Coolum ,Sunshine beach and Laguna Bay .
We went to Brisbane on the way back to the airport and I was surprised at how big it was.We did not have very long there so it was difficult to get a real feel for the place,but I have to say I prefer Perth city,just my opinion though.
We went to have a look at a business which we wanted but we were not in the position to go for it as we have not sold our house back in the UK yet.
Just got to sell the house now which is proving to be difficult we have just changed agents and dropped the price again so you never know.We live in hope.
Dreamaway

I'm glad you had a great time. It is quite nice to know that even Queensland can get a bit cold (insane I know, but just incase I miss the cold a little bit when we go)! Did you go to Kings Beach at all? It is a really great beach with all sorts of squirty water things for the kids. Good luck with the sale of the house and everything. I hope it all goes smoothly for you, as I hope it does for us. We are a long way behind you..we have only just passed the TRA, but good things come to those who wait!!
We too are heading to the Sunshine Coast, so I would be interested to see how things go for you when you get there.
Take care,
Donna.

Dreamaway 10 Aug 26th 2005 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by wallabyWannabe
I'm glad you had a great time. It is quite nice to know that even Queensland can get a bit cold (insane I know, but just incase I miss the cold a little bit when we go)! Did you go to Kings Beach at all? It is a really great beach with all sorts of squirty water things for the kids. Good luck with the sale of the house and everything. I hope it all goes smoothly for you, as I hope it does for us. We are a long way behind you..we have only just passed the TRA, but good things come to those who wait!!
We too are heading to the Sunshine Coast, so I would be interested to see how things go for you when you get there.
Take care,
Donna.

Thanks Donna and good luck with the whole process.I will let you know how it goes when we get out there.

wallabyWannabe Aug 26th 2005 5:53 pm

Thanks Donna and good luck with the whole process.I will let you know how it goes when we get out there.

That would be much appriciated, thanks!

kris maynard Aug 26th 2005 5:59 pm

Love reading other peoples stories!Sounds fab
Hope you sell your house soon and get there for good!

Best of luck

Kris xx

karenjc Aug 26th 2005 7:26 pm

Souds like you had a great time, i bet you can't wait to get back over. All the best :beer:

JohnAndNetta Aug 26th 2005 8:48 pm

Dreamaway

Nice to read your validation trip post. Sounds like you had a great time. Good luck with your house sale!

Netta

moneypenny20 Aug 26th 2005 9:13 pm

Hi guys we are just back from our validation trip to Brisbane.We flew with Singapore airlines and the cabin crew were as good as everyone had said they could not do enough for us and good with the kids too.

What flight? I landed back yesterday evening - might have seen you but probably didn't :D

Funny that, I felt the complete opposite. Much preferred Brissie. Good job we're all different, gives everyone a bit more space :D

Good luck with whatever you end up with.

JohnAndNetta Aug 27th 2005 10:53 am

Funny that, I felt the complete opposite. Much preferred Brissie. Good job we're all different, gives everyone a bit more space :D

Me too......Oh well....Such is life!

Netta