Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation question ?

Validation question ?

Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validation question ?

I got an email from immigration saying with the new police records we have to validate by Jan 20th. I got an email off our agent who said that we send our passports to him to get evidenced after which we have 12 months to enter, visa will be valid 5 years with multiple entires.

Is this the case or will I be doing a validation trip by Jan ? So confusing think am losing it...........
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:30 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validation question ?

Originally Posted by MikeMc
I got an email from immigration saying with the new police records we have to validate by Jan 20th. I got an email off our agent who said that we send our passports to him to get evidenced after which we have 12 months to enter, visa will be valid 5 years with multiple entires.

Is this the case or will I be doing a validation trip by Jan ? So confusing think am losing it...........
by jan I'm afraid. Nice time of the year though
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:33 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I am correct in saying that it has to be within one year of police check.

I had to go to Oz in Jan to validate because we didnt sell the house in time, flying there for good in 10 days time
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

zazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud of

Immigration is right - you need to enter before Jan 20th. We had the same issue but nothing a nice bit of Winter sun didn't cure! Once you have them validated then you have the full length of the visa to come and go as you please and as long as you settle prior to the visa's expiration you will be OK. We did our validation trip in December 2003 and we're moving out in Jan 2006...Have fun
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, 12 months to validate and 5 years to take up residency.

I also think you need to do at least 2 years of the five to keep the visa alive or apply for a Residency Return Visa.