Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation query

Validation query

Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:33 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Validation query

Just a quick one: As my family and I are in the final stages of immigration (awaiting bond request) I was wondering if we are not quite ready to leave when the Visa arrives can I go over to Aus on my own and validate?
Or do the whole family have to be present.
We have to validate by September and if the house isnt sold then we may have to wait.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:37 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Validation query

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Just a quick one: As my family and I are in the final stages of immigration (awaiting bond request) I was wondering if we are not quite ready to leave when the Visa arrives can I go over to Aus on my own and validate?
We have to validate by September and if the house isnt sold then we may have to wait.

Hi,
I believe that you all have to validate by the date on the visa.

Regards
Mark
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I'm aware you will all have to go. We did in October. Good excuse for a holiday though eats into your funds for oz!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you wait and miss the date you will lose your visa - all of you. If primary goes to validate the others will lose their visas :scared:
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:25 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Everyone on the visa has to validate by the end date, the main visa holder entering Aus first.

I beleive DIMIA will extend the validation date only in exceptional circumstances, although from what I can gather this is very rare

Good luck

Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:27 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tracey.d
As far as I'm aware you will all have to go. We did in October. Good excuse for a holiday though eats into your funds for oz!
Thx...thats what I thought...better start saving.