Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation With Oz Family...

Validation With Oz Family...

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice
Default Validation With Oz Family...

Hi,

I know that there was a thread on this subject some time ago but I - honestly - cannot find it. Can anyone help?

I'm on a spouse visa.....wife is Aussie and kids have Oz Passports through descent.

We're due to go towards the end of June.....which will be my validation. Will the Aus Passport guys get arsey if I go through the aussie passport desk with my wife and kids (or vice versa)......

I know it's not a big deal, but with the 2 kids (under 5) and hand-luggage it'd be easy to go through together.

Not a big deal, but I know that one of you (at least) will have dealt with this in the past.

Cheers
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:43 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validation With Oz Family...

Having never done this I cannot comment with experience, however logic seems to dictate that this would be an unnecessarily confrontational way when dealing with immigration officials if you went through the channel designated for Australian passport holders.

I suppose you could always ask the random person who is airside and helps filter people into queues and things. You never know, they might be having a good day and just let you, but I should imagine that if its anything like immigration in any other country (UK) included, that the Australian desks are not properly equiped to deal with that.

Just my thoughts.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I remembe reading a thread (or three ) saying that spouses get to go through the Australian Passport holders queue
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I think the notice says 'Australian Passport holders and their families'. Doesn't matter which passport the family has - as long as one in the group has an Australian passport you can all go together.

Same in the UK - as long as one of the party has a UK passport you can all go with them.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You're fine. They expect the spouse to go through with the Aussie family. Upset my hubby because he tried telling me I had to go through the other nationals bit and a customs bloke looked at him and said don't be so daft
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

googy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
Hi,

I know that there was a thread on this subject some time ago but I - honestly - cannot find it. Can anyone help?

I'm on a spouse visa.....wife is Aussie and kids have Oz Passports through descent.

We're due to go towards the end of June.....which will be my validation. Will the Aus Passport guys get arsey if I go through the aussie passport desk with my wife and kids (or vice versa)......

I know it's not a big deal, but with the 2 kids (under 5) and hand-luggage it'd be easy to go through together.

Not a big deal, but I know that one of you (at least) will have dealt with this in the past.

Cheers

Don't worry - i am sure it is fine..

I am an Aussie passport holder and all the time I go through the Overseas one - it is quicker... All the computers are the same - they only have seperate lines for management of the line sizes etc.

I have found a number of times that many people in the Aussie line aren't aussies or NZ. I seen ALOT of red passports. The trouble is that they have "Aussie and NZ Passport" ONLY in English , so when many tourist come in they line up in any line.... So when I get there (normally last off the plane) the Immigration official has said twice just to go in the foreign lane...