Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

validating visas

validating visas

Old Oct 16th 2002, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

uknurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default validating visas

is there a site i can go to that has some info on validating visas? it all seems very confusing. any advice appreciated. SELINA.
Old Oct 16th 2002, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: validating visas

Originally posted by uknurse:
is there a site i can go to that has some info on validating visas? it all seems very confusing. any advice appreciated. SELINA.
Hi there,

Try www.immi.gov.au

What are you confused about? When the powers that be decide that it's your turn and all else satisfies them they will ask you to submit police checks and medicals. Once your visa has been issued they will give you an entry date in order to validate. This is 12 months after your police/medical checks (whichever is earlier) when you must enter the country by. Once you have validated you have up to 5 years to move. The 5 year thing takes affect from the day they issue the visas. I'm not sure if this is the info you want but you could also try and look for a recent posting : For the Newcomers : I think thats what it's called. Also a web site address given in a posting from J Irons is helpful.

Anything else give us a shout

Ginny