Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

validating the visa

validating the visa

Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

jayne3411 is on a distinguished road
Default validating the visa

hello everyone, we have t validate our business visa by october, it is a four year visa, we are only going out for three weeks because we are waiting to sell properties, but does the visa start ticking away once we land in australia, and lasts from four years from there? clutching at straws i think

thanks jane
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: validating the visa

Originally Posted by jayne3411
hello everyone, we have t validate our business visa by october, it is a four year visa, we are only going out for three weeks because we are waiting to sell properties, but does the visa start ticking away once we land in australia, and lasts from four years from there? clutching at straws i think

thanks jane
Hi,

To be honest, Im not very sure about the Business visa, but to the best of my knowledge, clock starts ticking the moment your visa is approved. I believe its the same with very Visa.

Hope someone with a better knowledge can confirm this.

Congratulations by the way...

Ronan
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: validating the visa

I think Ronan is correct. My visa states the date granted and the date it expires, ie must not arrive after DD/MM/YYYY. I presume the Business visa is the same.
Rich