Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validating the visa?

Validating the visa?

Old May 4th 2005, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default Validating the visa?

We are going to validate the visa at the end of May, my mum is coming with us to Brisbane to see where we are heading( think she will feel better if she knows what its like there ),does she need a holiday visa, or any type of visa or does she just sort it when she gets to Brisbane airport? i know lots of you have been over to oz for holidays so hope that somebody can answer my question.

Many Thanks
Hazel
Old May 4th 2005, 5:40 pm
joveazey

Default Re: Validating the visa?

Hi Hazel,

You can get it online www.eta.immi.gov.au

JO

Old May 4th 2005, 5:42 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazel T
We are going to validate the visa at the end of May, my mum is coming with us to Brisbane to see where we are heading( think she will feel better if she knows what its like there ),does she need a holiday visa, or any type of visa or does she just sort it when she gets to Brisbane airport? i know lots of you have been over to oz for holidays so hope that somebody can answer my question.

Many Thanks
Hazel
Hazel,

I'm assuming your Mum holds a UK passport, in which case yes she will need a holiday visa but these can be done online (called an ETA) and are so easy to sort out.

Your Travel Agent can sort out for you or you can go online to the website and book yourself once your travel is sorted out.

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

Rgds, Nicky
Old May 5th 2005, 2:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hazel,

I'm assuming your Mum holds a UK passport,
To be more specific, a UK passport with 'British Citizen' in the nationality page.

There are other types of UK passport that don't qualify for ETA. Occasionally someone born in the Republic of Ireland who has a 'British subject' UK passport and has not upgraded to full British citizenship gets into a mess when refused boarding an Australia or US bound flight for this reason.

Jeremy