Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validating the Visa

Validating the Visa

Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Validating the Visa

When you arrive in Australia, for the first time with your newly acquired visa, do you have to go any special desk or do you just queue up at immigration like everyone else?

Also do you need to open your passport at the visa page to show the visa or do they have records in their computers?

And what kind of stamp do you get in your passport after walking away from the immigration desk? if any? Plus how do you know you've validated your visa?

Sorry for all the questions but I am validating at the end of this month and am more anxious now than when I was waiting for it!
Old Mar 6th 2005, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Validating the Visa

Originally Posted by Majj
When you arrive in Australia, for the first time with your newly acquired visa, do you have to go any special desk or do you just queue up at immigration like everyone else?

Also do you need to open your passport at the visa page to show the visa or do they have records in their computers?

And what kind of stamp do you get in your passport after walking away from the immigration desk? if any? Plus how do you know you've validated your visa?

Sorry for all the questions but I am validating at the end of this month and am more anxious now than when I was waiting for it!
Majj
You queue up like everyone else at immigration.
You will be on the system..they know everything.
The stamp is the normal entry to Australia stamp.
You know you've validated the visa because the stamp has the entry date on it.

Regards
Old Mar 6th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stewie
Majj
You queue up like everyone else at immigration.
You will be on the system..they know everything.
The stamp is the normal entry to Australia stamp.
You know you've validated the visa because the stamp has the entry date on it.

Regards
Thank you for that. I will now try and relax a bit!
Old Mar 6th 2005, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Majj
Thank you for that. I will now try and relax a bit!
Yeah, it's all pretty uneventful really. I think most people are expecting something a bit more formal but it's pretty quick and painless.