Validating Visa

Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:28 am
Just Joined

chriskitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validating Visa

Hi, My family and I have recently been issued with pr visa's through my skilled independant application. Our viswa states we must enter australia before 15th july 2005, our plan was to have a month long validation trip next marchtherefore extending our visa's untill 2009. My financial situation is suddenly not looking too healthy and I am thinking of changing the plan, I can travel to Australia on business within the next couple of months which would solve the problem of my visa extension. If my visa is stamped for 5 years and the rest of the family do not make it to Australia before july how does that leave them ? As I am the principal applicant would they just renew the wifew and childrens visa's
any acdvice would be appreciated
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Validating Visa

Originally Posted by chriskitch
Hi, My family and I have recently been issued with pr visa's through my skilled independant application. Our viswa states we must enter australia before 15th july 2005, our plan was to have a month long validation trip next marchtherefore extending our visa's untill 2009. My financial situation is suddenly not looking too healthy and I am thinking of changing the plan, I can travel to Australia on business within the next couple of months which would solve the problem of my visa extension. If my visa is stamped for 5 years and the rest of the family do not make it to Australia before july how does that leave them ? As I am the principal applicant would they just renew the wifew and childrens visa's
chris
My understanding is that all the applicants on the original application have to enter Australia to validate the PR visas.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

That was also my understanding when we looked at the possibility of me flying to validate my visa (I'm the primary applicant). We were told that my husband would have to validate his too otherwise it would expire.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice

All of you have to validate your visas before 15th July 2005. You can do it separately as well, BUT, YOU have to enter Australia before or in the same time with your dependants. You must return to and remain in Australia before the expiry date of the visas in 2009. After you validate the visas, you have time for almost 5 years to recover financially.

Good luck!
Gabriel
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

All family members must validate the visas.

If the main applicant validates, but the rest of the family do not, then their visas will be cancelled. The status of the main applicant will not be affected BUT it will be necessary to re-sponsor the rest of the family later on for a spouse visa.

This means a new visa application later, a new fee, new medicals, and also exposure to any future law or policy changes that make it more difficult to sponsor. This is particularly important for those who are not Australian citizens.

For example, DIMIA are moving to get a lot tougher on the requirement that non-Australian citizens wishing to sponsor for a spouse visa must be 'usually resident' in Australia.

Jeremy