Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vacation care for 5 year old - Joondalup area

Vacation care for 5 year old - Joondalup area

Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vacation care for 5 year old - Joondalup area

So Mini starts Pre-primary in a couple of weeks and so will be out of the daycare system.

Does anyone have any recommendations for vacation care in the area, or indeed any bad experiences to warn me about? Since he'll be at the younger end of the range I'm concerned about supervision and rough big kids!

I know that Joondalup Arena and Go Bananas do vation care - anyone tried them?

(And can you claim any back, like you can with daycare?)
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:18 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vacation care for 5 year old - Joondalup area

Originally Posted by Family of 3
So Mini starts Pre-primary in a couple of weeks and so will be out of the daycare system.

Does anyone have any recommendations for vacation care in the area, or indeed any bad experiences to warn me about? Since he'll be at the younger end of the range I'm concerned about supervision and rough big kids!

I know that Joondalup Arena and Go Bananas do vation care - anyone tried them?

(And can you claim any back, like you can with daycare?)
I have a friend Kirsty who has 2 kids in day care regularly at Go Bananas and loves them!
They are given activities to do (not just watch tv) These kids are a little older than yours, but they help them with homework and encourage them to sit quietly and get on with it. Kirsty is very fussy and talks very highly of them.... Hope that helps.

Cheers
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

That does, thanks!

I've seen the Go Bananas groups in parks a few times, and the kids seem to be having fun. (Just that I'm paranoid about safety!)
Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
That does, thanks!

I've seen the Go Bananas groups in parks a few times, and the kids seem to be having fun. (Just that I'm paranoid about safety!)
I've heard good things about Go Bananas, too. If you do a search on here there was some discussion about them a couple of years ago. You may be able to find the threads.