Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:26 am
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Default V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

Hi all,

When watching GMA every morning (only for a while we are travelling the East Coast before we get jobs) I see the same advert for a chopping device called the V-slicer. I have become so annoyed by the advert that I want to buy one!!

Just wondering if anyone has actually bought one of these and whether they are any good!

Thanks!

Mike.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

Originally Posted by molloymj
Hi all,

When watching GMA every morning (only for a while we are travelling the East Coast before we get jobs) I see the same advert for a chopping device called the V-slicer. I have become so annoyed by the advert that I want to buy one!!

Just wondering if anyone has actually bought one of these and whether they are any good!

Thanks!

Mike.

Is it a plastic oblong thing with a sharp blade and you put some prongs into a vegetable and push it backwards and forwards across the blade?

If so, I bought one in the UK a few years ago and ended up in hospital. That blade is very, very, very, very sharp. Slices the vegetables alright but you end up not being bothered to get it out of the cupboard and then have to wash it all.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:41 am
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
I bought one in the UK a few years ago and ended up in hospital.
Did it attack you?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:46 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been 'between jobs' for 3mths here in Aus and love that bloke that does GMA... but I too have been brainwashed I want one of those V-slicers

I even found myself looking at food in kebab shops and noticing how it had been sliced and thinknig ' wow they must have a v-slicer '

Thankfully Im fully back at work and taking the tablets and I wont be phoning 1-800-get-me-a-v-slicer-now any time soon.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

Hi all,

Thanks!

Mike.

hi yes i have one not really all that my blade does not seem to be to sharp and i really can not get the hang of using it to dice and julienne exspecially the hard vegetables. i have had mine a couple of years and only just recently started using it again. it is quick for slicing things like carrots cucumber tomatoes and the slices are all the same size.

hope this helps

marie
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:09 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks!

Mike.

Yip ive got one, and i got it off the very same guy who does the advertisment on kerry-ann (the english guy) got it at the ideal home exhibition in glasgow believe it or not... and its still in the box, so dont know if its any good or not
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:12 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Yip ive got one, and i got it off the very same guy who does the advertisment on kerry-ann (the english guy) got it at the ideal home exhibition in glasgow believe it or not... and its still in the box, so dont know if its any good or not

There was a vintage one on e-bay original 1970's one in nice orange plastic with its orginal box.....

you see now how deep this ran with me
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:24 am
ABCDiamond

It's a damn good advert.......

I've seen it once, and I want one............

Only thing is, I already know i'd never use it...... it just looks so good though ...

Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spalen
There was a vintage one on e-bay original 1970's one in nice orange plastic with its orginal box.....

I bought one from the Barras in Glasgow back in 1988ish cost £10 I think and I still use it. It's great for carrots when making soup.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:33 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

It falls into the same catagory as a Soda Stream!

You'll use it once, then put it in a cupboard and never see it again.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scossie
It falls into the same catagory as a Soda Stream!

You'll use it once, then put it in a cupboard and never see it again.
Nah. My soup always tastes funny when I use the soda stream
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by spalen

How much was it up for? We pinched one from my better halfs mum- The 70's orange one in its original box and never used. We thought we could use it, but if its worth a fortune....................
Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:20 am
ah-beng

Originally Posted by Stu.E
How much was it up for? We pinched one from my better halfs mum- The 70's orange one in its original box and never used. We thought we could use it, but if its worth a fortune....................
dont go reserving that Porsche just yet - I think it was about 16 of your english pounds.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:27 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

V Slicer £3.99 in UK, $89.95 in Aus

http://www.jbsdirect.co.uk/bargainstore/vslicer.html

http://www.brightideas.com.au/?e=368&p=vslicer
Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:34 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jib
oH BUM

They are sold out, I am back in the UK in a few weeks and I was going to get my sister to order it so I could bring one back - talk about price difference!!

I have been sucked in by the adverts too because I do not even chop the veggies now my son does with his latest greatest chefs knives but I want a vslicer. It is because every time I wake up in the early hours of the morning because of dropping off to sleep on the sofa - that bloody ad is playing!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.