Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

U've had Biggy's update...so here's Gryff's!

U've had Biggy's update...so here's Gryff's!

Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U've had Biggy's update...so here's Gryff's!

Here u go:

Well we are staying at a friend’s house as they have gone to the U.K. for 3 weeks (very handy), got their car too. They have been so lovely.

There is a brill family across the road, Madonna being the mother (not THE Madonna…but she does sing for a living!). One of her daughters is looking after our kids while we have been house hunting and furniture shopping…such a god send!

So we have now managed to rent a house (at Wellington Point…love it) and buy all the bedroom furniture. Next stop the T.V. and white goods.

The house is lovely I’m chuffed to bits…was starting to panic as there are not too many larger rentals around. It’s a short walk to the reserve at Wellington Point and to shops and café’s. Ten minute drive to the kid’s school too….I’m so desperate to move in. The moving date is the hubby’s Birthday 29 July…what a pressie!

We’ve got some friends coming round tomorrow for lunch who moved over 3 days before us! We met up shortly before we left, introduced by a mutual friend. They are staying at Surfer’s and driving up here for the day.

The kids are loving it…been in the pool (much to the neighbour’s daughter’s disgust…�it’s freezing� she said…lol). Told her this was like a good summer back home!

Went over to Wellington Point today to sign up for the house and had lunch there…..so impressed with the place, it’s just like being on holiday…and the food was fab just to top it off. The local shops are great, fresh fish, butchers, fruit shop, post office, bottle stop, well everything u need really…and so many hairdressers it will take me a year to try them all out!

So that’s it from Gryffy for now….will update again when I have more to tell.
xxxxx
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:20 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

all sounds fantastic cant wait now for my turn good luck with the moving
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:04 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: U've had Biggy's update...so here's Gryff's!

Originally posted by Gryff
Here u go:

Well we are staying at a friend’s house as they have gone to the U.K. for 3 weeks (very handy), got their car too. They have been so lovely.

There is a brill family across the road, Madonna being the mother (not THE Madonna…but she does sing for a living!). One of her daughters is looking after our kids while we have been house hunting and furniture shopping…such a god send!

So we have now managed to rent a house (at Wellington Point…love it) and buy all the bedroom furniture. Next stop the T.V. and white goods.

The house is lovely I’m chuffed to bits…was starting to panic as there are not too many larger rentals around. It’s a short walk to the reserve at Wellington Point and to shops and café’s. Ten minute drive to the kid’s school too….I’m so desperate to move in. The moving date is the hubby’s Birthday 29 July…what a pressie!

We’ve got some friends coming round tomorrow for lunch who moved over 3 days before us! We met up shortly before we left, introduced by a mutual friend. They are staying at Surfer’s and driving up here for the day.

The kids are loving it…been in the pool (much to the neighbour’s daughter’s disgust…�it’s freezing� she said…lol). Told her this was like a good summer back home!

Went over to Wellington Point today to sign up for the house and had lunch there…..so impressed with the place, it’s just like being on holiday…and the food was fab just to top it off. The local shops are great, fresh fish, butchers, fruit shop, post office, bottle stop, well everything u need really…and so many hairdressers it will take me a year to try them all out!

xxxxx
Wow seems to be settling in so well, It's great to hear.

Good luck with the new house only 22 days until you move in

Kala.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Here u go:

xxxxx
Sounds brill Gryff, have a great life.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:26 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Makes it all worth it now Gryff. Good luck & enjoy the new life.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sooo envious. Sounds good so far. Hopefully not too long for us.

Helen
Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds great - good luck, let us know what the schools like as I am heading for that area...

Thanks
Jana
Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Here u go:

xxxxx
Glad the kids are enjoying the sunshine and the cold pool lol
Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:56 pm
j&s
Forum Regular

j&s is an unknown quantity at this point

Contrats Gryff - sounds great!

Very jealous,

Sue
(in not-so-sunny Cheshire)
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Here u go:

xxxxx
Great update Gryffy

We'll be joining you soon - hopefully before end of January 2005.

Brissy here we come! Get Really for us!

Golden Dreamer
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Here u go:

xxxxx

We were over on the gold coast last month staying at friends and there neighbours were the same as our kids were in the pool every day, imagine the summer, must be a scorcher

:scared: :scared:
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Brill news to hear everything is okay and the kids love it (ONE BIG WORRY OFF YOUR CHEST) keep us all informed as we love to hear how its all going.Dreamaway
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:17 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hiya Gryffy

Its so nice to read your posts!!!! Can you tell us more about your

house how many bedrooms? pool?

Tell us more!!!!!

Nikki

Ps can you do some piccies too????
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nikkers
Hiya Gryffy

Its so nice to read your posts!!!! Can you tell us more about your

house how many bedrooms? pool?

Tell us more!!!!!

Nikki

Ps can you do some piccies too????
Will do piccies when we get in...it has a pool and overlooks the water, 5 bedrooms, deck from the large kitchen and from our massive bedroom! The bedroom has 2 walk in wardrobes which are very big (i must buy some more clothes to fill it!), 3 bathrooms with double shower cubicals and large baths......what more can i say....heaven!....roll on 29.7.04
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:10 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Will do piccies when we get in...it has a pool and overlooks the water, 5 bedrooms, deck from the large kitchen and from our massive bedroom! The bedroom has 2 walk in wardrobes which are very big (i must buy some more clothes to fill it!), 3 bathrooms with double shower cubicals and large baths......what more can i say....heaven!....roll on 29.7.04

Fantastic!!! Was it easy to rent???ie did you have to pay 3 mths in advance or anything?

Was it expensive?

What are you doing about furniture etc?

I'm soooooo jealous it all sounds wonderful

Nikki x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.