Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

utility bills costs please

utility bills costs please

Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

keelie152 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default utility bills costs please

please could someone help and give me a rough idea of the costs of their utility bills we would be a family of 5 in a 4/5 bed house and we are trying to work out cost of living compared to wages
ie
gas
electric
water rates
tv licence??
phone
council tax or equivalent??
and anything else??
Also sorry for all the questions!!! can anyone help me with childcare costs do they have the same as we have here as in free childcare sessions for pre-school age children?? thank you everyone in anticipation
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: utility bills costs please

Originally Posted by keelie152
please could someone help and give me a rough idea of the costs of their utility bills we would be a family of 5 in a 4/5 bed house and we are trying to work out cost of living compared to wages
ie
gas
electric
water rates
tv licence??
phone
and anything else??
Also sorry for all the questions!!! can anyone help me with childcare costs do they have the same as we have here as in free childcare sessions for pre-school age children?? thank you everyone in anticipation
think there was a thread a while back on cost of living , maybe a search will bring it up .
about a month back i think so its gonna be pages away .
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=rates
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread, post 17, the bears done a very helpful spreadsheet

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=427898&page=2
Old Mar 15th 2007, 6:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: utility bills costs please

tv licence??
There is no TV license.

Once you've experienced Australian TV, you'll understand why.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
There is no TV license.

Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
There is no TV license.

I like the Australian TV. Always got a good film on, they show Desperate housewives , Lost , ABC for kids. I enjoy the Biggest loser and Bondi Rescue. It's 2 0' clock in the afternoon here and Parkinson's on, what more could you ask. In the UK i spent a fortune each month on sky, here i haven't thought about getting Foxtel once. Who needs Eastenders and Coronation Street when you've got Neighbours and Home and Away.

Stacey x

Last edited by stacey and jordan; Mar 16th 2007 at 4:05 am.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
I like the Australian TV. Always got a good film on, they show Desperate housewives , Lost , ABC for kids. I enjoy the biggest loser and Bondi Beach. In the UK i spent a fortune each month on sky, here i haven't thought about getting Foxtel once. Who needs Eastenders and Coronation Street when you've got Neighbours and Home and Away.

Stacey x

Thank God for that, thought i was the only one that liked TV here.

I don't have Foxtel either, I'd never move from the TV if i had that as well
Old Mar 16th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Thank God for that, thought i was the only one that liked TV here.

I don't have Foxtel either, I'd never move from the TV if i had that as well
I love RPA but thats finished now, happy that all saints is back on and I like bondi resuce, missing persons, medical miracles(or something like that), house, I have however began to get a little fed up with all the ncis, law and order and such.

Jo
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

O God, OH loves ncis.... was secretly hoping it might not be on in Oz...
Old Mar 16th 2007, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

i love border control - they do a good job of catching the illegals, glad ive got a working visa!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
I love RPA but thats finished now, happy that all saints is back on and I like bondi resuce, missing persons, medical miracles(or something like that), house, I have however began to get a little fed up with all the ncis, law and order and such.

Jo

I like missing persons, would be nice though if they could actually show a case with a happy ending (apart from the young runaways).
Old Mar 17th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

ie
gas
electric
water rates
tv licence??
phone
and anything else??
She answer your question shouldnt we.....

What I pay

Elec $180 per month (but am in credit a lot)
Phone $250 per month but includes foxtell of $100 and a lot of UK calls.....
Rates $1350 per year
Water $100 per quater you only pay for what you use (hoping mine should be down to $40 as we have tank water for loos and washing now).
Cant think of anything else, we dont have gas though.

Child care is not the same as in pre school places but my kids are older so not sure about charges. If you are going into health service where I am they will fing a place at an approved childminder on their list and holiday care for under 12s in the hols is only $30 a day from 6.30 to 5.30 which is great and its only for health service people. Dont know about other areas.

Jo
Old Mar 17th 2007, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Just throwing some childcare rates into the mix - our 2 year-old is in childcare 2 days a week with a 'big name' organisation and we play $90 a day ... it works out about $120 a day if you include all the chocolate and lamington charity drives
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Just throwing some childcare rates into the mix - our 2 year-old is in childcare 2 days a week with a 'big name' organisation and we play $90 a day ... it works out about $120 a day if you include all the chocolate and lamington charity drives
Goodness thats a lot. My colleague only pays $140 for 4 days full time, must be a Health thing....

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.