Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Using UK iPhone in Aus on pre-paid

Using UK iPhone in Aus on pre-paid

Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

litepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nice
Default Using UK iPhone in Aus on pre-paid

Hello all,

457 approved :-)

I'm moving to Sydney next week and want to bring my unlocked UK o2 iPhone 3GS to Australia and use with a local, pre-paid SIM. Does anyone have any specific recommendations? I've had a look at the Telstra website and it looks like the pre-paid plan for $100 with 1Gb data is my best bet (I expect to use quite a bit of data) to get me going.

Are there any other pre-paid plans I should consider? I expect to send quite a few texts back to the UK, some calls to the UK, and calls within Australia as I look for somewhere to live.

I've had a look through the forums and the last post on this topic appears to be about a year ago so things may have changed.

Thanks, LP.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using UK iPhone in Aus on pre-paid

If you spent the same money ($99) on Three you'd get much more value out of it I think.

http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentSe...=1215747848160

You could make up to $100 of international calls as well and have 2Gb of data.

You could probably spend a lot less than $99 to get the equivalent of the Telstra offer.

The trade off is the quality of the network, even in some Sydney inner suburbs I've had issues with Three.