Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Using Sony Ericsson Mobiles Bought in UK, In Australia

Using Sony Ericsson Mobiles Bought in UK, In Australia

Old May 19th 2006, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Re: Using Sony Ericsson Mobiles Bought in UK, In Australia

We took 3 x 750i's to Oz and all was locked to the T-Mobile network. Could've got them all unlocked for £12 each in London, but forgot to before we left so I took mine to local dodgy internet shop man in Oz who promised the earth and said it would be done in a day.

A week later it comes back with a $80 charge and was told they had to change the board etc. I don't know for the life of me what they did as it had dust inside the screen that wasn't there before, but it WAS unlocked. Wasn't happy about the $80 charge, but loved the phone so paid.

A week later took the kids phones to nice chinese man in Surfers who did the pair for $70 and had them both back in 20 mins ...

Boy went swimming with his the next day, but there ya go!

Moral is is CAN be done easy enough, but source out the RIGHT person for the job and a piece of a doddle to do! ... ... just don't jump in the pool with it!
Old May 19th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using Sony Ericsson Mobiles Bought in UK, In Australia

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Are you prepared to travel as a second class envelope?
Hmmm well would need to go on quiet a diet to meet the weight restrictions but yes fully prepared