Reload this Page >

using HSBC for bond money

using HSBC for bond money

Old Jun 14th 2004, 7:23 am
Just Joined

tedster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default using HSBC for bond money

Hi Everyone,

I'd be grateful for any advice you can give me about my plan.
My situation is : I'm going to apply for SIR visa in July & will have to eventually lodge AUD $100K bond if successful. I'm thinking that I might exchange some of the money into AUD$ soon, while the exchange rate is good through HIFX. I've phoned London to get HSBC oz online savings a/c forms to open account. I would then transfer the AUS$ to my HSBC oz account & leave it to get the interest (4.5% same as my a/c here).So when the bond is requested I can transfer it from my a/c to whichever govt. treasury dept.is best at the time.
I think it may be a good idea; I know I might be getting a bit ahead of myself, but knowing my luck when I come to pay the bond in 6 months time the exchange rate will probably be bad.
Has anyone else done it this way, or thinking of doing this ?
Any advice / ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Tedster
Old Jun 14th 2004, 7:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: using HSBC for bond money

Originally posted by tedster
Hi Everyone,

I'd be grateful for any advice you can give me about my plan.
My situation is : I'm going to apply for SIR visa in July & will have to eventually lodge AUD $100K bond if successful. I'm thinking that I might exchange some of the money into AUD$ soon, while the exchange rate is good through HIFX. I've phoned London to get HSBC oz online savings a/c forms to open account. I would then transfer the AUS$ to my HSBC oz account & leave it to get the interest (4.5% same as my a/c here).So when the bond is requested I can transfer it from my a/c to whichever govt. treasury dept.is best at the time.
I think it may be a good idea; I know I might be getting a bit ahead of myself, but knowing my luck when I come to pay the bond in 6 months time the exchange rate will probably be bad.
Has anyone else done it this way, or thinking of doing this ?
Any advice / ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Tedster

If you have the dosh already, why not lodge NOW with a "fix that exchange rate" expert, put a substantial deposit with them and leave in your UK bank account until requested.