Wikiposts

Using ebay

Old Aug 20th 2003, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default ebay trading

Hi,

just thought I'd add - I've sold most of my excess furniture, which we didn't want to ship to Oz!

I've also just sold our collection of about 40 videos (mostly Disney and other children's stuff, we've now outgrown).

Someone in Victoria bought an old vintage eiderdown I auctioned and another buyer was from Sydney.

I have also bought successfully in the past, including a new digital camera in order to advertise on ebay with photographs of items for sale.

There's also ebay.au to browse through, but it doesn't seem to be as widely used there.

GOOD LUCK!:PARTY:
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:24 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Mostly garage sales in oz - various nieghbours get together an dpo one big one so there are plenty of help and strong arms in case of shop lifters (yes they are there as well as in the UK jumble sales)

The narest you get to a boot sale is a flea market (in most towns regularly) and you can put up a table car boot if you like.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:32 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i remember someone posted about ebay sometime ago and a few poo poo'ed it

never did get to why though..

maybe this time, as my dad died last week and he had about 6 cameras and loads of other stuff we need to get rid of...

i bought a fluke multimeter off ebay with no worries..

cheers

richard
Commiserations for that mate.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i remember someone posted about ebay sometime ago and a few poo poo'ed it

never did get to why though..

maybe this time, as my dad died last week and he had about 6 cameras and loads of other stuff we need to get rid of...

i bought a fluke multimeter off ebay with no worries..

cheers

richard

So sorry about your Dad Richard.

Whisky
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

What a coincidence. I'm currently putting some stuff on Ebay to sell, and it's taking a bit of time for each page to load, so I thought I'd log into here, and what do you know, there's a thread about Ebay

I'm slowly working through the house selling all the small things that we aren't taking back to Oz with us. Have sold quite alot now. Still need to go through my daughter's toys, which I'm going to try and do when she's not around. Anyone interested in buying a load of Bob The Builder stuff? (She's a bit of a tomboy).

At least I know that when we actually start packing, all the stuff that we wouldn't have known what to do with has already been sold.

I would agree with most that Ebay is a great place to sell things that you may have just thrown down the dump. How does the saying go....one mans junk is another mans treasure??

Regards
Old Aug 20th 2003, 5:27 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I have also had successes with

www.preloved.com with is FREE FREE FREE
Old Aug 20th 2003, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj
Thanks for you replies. I have put my son's outdoor country cottage on there and it is already up to £60! Much more than I would have got from the local paper.

I am just waiting for Wilf to read this one!! Oh Boy
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty
Originally posted by tinaj
Thanks for you replies. I have put my son's outdoor country cottage on there and it is already up to £60! Much more than I would have got from the local paper.

I am just waiting for Wilf to read this one!! Oh Boy

If most people are like myself Dotty, then it doesn't matter what Wilf puts on, I ignore all his posts now.

Whisky