Wikiposts

Using ebay

Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Using ebay

Has anyone else used ebay to sell all of their old junk? I can't believe the prices that some of the things make! Do the buyers actually pay for the goods once they have bid or are there lots of timewasters?

It could be a nice little earner if I post a few things on there.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:38 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Using ebay

Originally posted by tinaj
Has anyone else used ebay to sell all of their old junk? I can't believe the prices that some of the things make! Do the buyers actually pay for the goods once they have bid or are there lots of timewasters?

Used it for a few things and had great success. Must admit I'm too proud to put most of my junk on there!
I'm also planning to give a lot to charity shops as well as I hate the idea of car boot sales.

Dinky
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:38 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Used it loads. Its great !

Just be careful if you are buying anything....but tis fine for selling.

Caveat emptor......
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i remember someone posted about ebay sometime ago and a few poo poo'ed it

never did get to why though..

maybe this time, as my dad died last week and he had about 6 cameras and loads of other stuff we need to get rid of...

i bought a fluke multimeter off ebay with no worries..

cheers

richard
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i remember someone posted about ebay sometime ago and a few poo poo'ed it

never did get to why though..

maybe this time, as my dad died last week and he had about 6 cameras and loads of other stuff we need to get rid of...

i bought a fluke multimeter off ebay with no worries..

cheers

richard

Really sorry to hear about your Dad Richard - all the best.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

thanks tina

cancer is a shite

cheers

richard
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Carol & Barry is an unknown quantity at this point

Have traded plenty on e bay tina. No problem ever arisen u can see the 'feedback' ratings of all potential buyers/sellers and u can get some fair prices for your stuff as long as your realistic Barry
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:01 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Carol & Barry
Have traded plenty on e bay tina. No problem ever arisen u can see the 'feedback' ratings of all potential buyers/sellers and u can get some fair prices for your stuff as long as your realistic Barry
We've used ebay for a while for buying & selling & had no problems. We can recommend it.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina
I have been registered with Ebay for over 2 yrs and I buy and sell on these auctions.Fortunately so far I have encountered no problems and as they use a ratings system you can check out potential buyers/sellers.
You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that I have sold on Ebay and people are prepared to travel miles for what they consider a bargain.
For example I sold a little motorized jeep that my son had used when he was a toddler.
Somebody paid £75.00 for it and came all the way from Cornwall to pick it up.We live in Manchester!!
If you are wondering what prices you should sell things for just use the search facility and then check out items that have been already sold and this should give you some indication of what prices to ask for items that you wish to sell.
Good luck and get sorting that loft out.You could be quids in

Diane

Originally posted by Tina

Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

how much does it cost to use ebay??

cheers

richard
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for you replies. I have put my son's outdoor country cottage on there and it is already up to £60! Much more than I would have got from the local paper.

It cost £2.25 to advertise and that includes a photo.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

i would have had that!!

cheers

richard
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh and another thing my hubby sold.
A silver yard o led pencil he picked up at a car boot sale.
He paid £4.00 for it and it sold on Ebay for £92.50 not a bad mark up.
Hope your sons country cottage fetches more.some people can quite carried away bidding.I always set my self a certain amount and make sure that i don't go above that amount.
Also be sure to check out the postage costs as sometimes these can be a bit OTT

BTW does anybody know if they have car boot sales in Oz or does it tend to be garage sales

Diane

Thanks for you replies. I have put my son's outdoor country cottage on there and it is already up to £60! Much more than I would have got from the local paper.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aw its cute .I have just had a look at it.
Is he upset that you are getting rid or has he outgrown it anyway.
I keeping sorting through my sons stuff usually when he is not around trying to get rid of things bit my bit.
If he helps we end up getting rid of nothing cos he tells me that he still plays with everything!!

If anybody is interested in action men figures I could do them a good deal

Diane

Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

mikeburt is an unknown quantity at this point

I make a living sellin on ebay-honestly described items sell with no problems-if you talk a product up that doesn't live up to expectations then you will be paying the person back.
I tend to list things at a low start price which gets them hooked and then watch the frenzied bidding take the items to prices way beyond your expectations-of course it can work the opposite way as well-don't forget the listing fees go up dependent on starting price-make sure you give a guide price for posting costs which are in addition to the purchase price and wait for the cheques to clear before posting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.