Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Using A Broker For Removals

Using A Broker For Removals

Old Mar 1st 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Using A Broker For Removals

Hi there has anyone used a broker to get the best quotes for removals our agent gave us a leaflet for International Relocation Consultants LTD they claim to get you the best deal and take care of any problems you might have regarding claims for damages etc it just seems easier to have the one person around instead of a stream of different removal firms any advice appreciated
Janet
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:10 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using A Broker For Removals

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi there has anyone used a broker to get the best quotes for removals our agent gave us a leaflet for International Relocation Consultants LTD they claim to get you the best deal and take care of any problems you might have regarding claims for damages etc it just seems easier to have the one person around instead of a stream of different removal firms any advice appreciated
Janet
They get you a cheaper quote, be cause like here in oz half of them "climb into bed" with one company who pays them well. Why pay them when you just have to pay the moving company.................... mm
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
They get you a cheaper quote, be cause like here in oz half of them "climb into bed" with one company who pays them well. Why pay them when you just have to pay the moving company.................... mm
Thanks for the reply Mr mover it says on the form there isn't a fee to pay the broker so if they get us the cheapest quote without having to have a stream of removal company's round i thought it would be easier but not sure if there is a catch in it somewhere
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:35 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Thanks for the reply Mr mover it says on the form there isn't a fee to pay the broker so if they get us the cheapest quote without having to have a stream of removal company's round i thought it would be easier but not sure if there is a catch in it somewhere
Not many do "owt for nowt"these days ,he will bill the moving company, who in turn will pass this cost on to you........ mm
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Just wondering whether you went ahead and got some quotes from the broker and whether you thought it was worthwhile? Our agent also recommended IRC and they are coming round next week to work out the quotes for us.

They seemed pretty reasonable on the phone - they said they get quotes from up to 40 companies - they get paid by the companies at the end of the year depending on how much business they generate. I appreciate they have to make their money somehow but the information they sent seems to make pretty clear that it is not direct from the customer. I guess that after getting their quotes we can always go direct to one of the packers and get a quote for comparison. There is no obligation to go with them. I just thought this might save some effort. They also said that if things go wrong they will help resolve the problem.

If anyone has any experiences to share on this I would appreciate hearing them.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BillandAbby
Just wondering whether you went ahead and got some quotes from the broker and whether you thought it was worthwhile? Our agent also recommended IRC and they are coming round next week to work out the quotes for us.

They seemed pretty reasonable on the phone - they said they get quotes from up to 40 companies - they get paid by the companies at the end of the year depending on how much business they generate. I appreciate they have to make their money somehow but the information they sent seems to make pretty clear that it is not direct from the customer. I guess that after getting their quotes we can always go direct to one of the packers and get a quote for comparison. There is no obligation to go with them. I just thought this might save some effort. They also said that if things go wrong they will help resolve the problem.

We have a number of Relocation Company's in Australia , most are Arms of Australia's major movers , and are aimed at the corporate mover, the guy who has no time to organise his life they are basically their for the guy who does,nt want to do the leg work.............. mm
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Using A Broker For Removals

Originally Posted by BillandAbby

Hi we didnt go with the broker after all we had 4 company's round just got to decide which one to use i think it will be whites or PSS
regards Janet