British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Useful website for BRISBANE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/useful-website-brisbane-279637/)

Dave, Tracy & Emily Jan 24th 2005 2:50 pm

Useful website for BRISBANE

Here is a useful website for brisbane, keeps you informed about what is happening and is sent by email.

www.ourbrisbane.com

Hope this helps.
Tracy

Brissiegirl Jan 24th 2005 3:08 pm

Re: Useful website for BRISBANE

crikey... Bardon is just a stones throw from where I grew up in Ashgrove :)

Dave, Tracy & Emily Jan 24th 2005 3:15 pm

Are you heading back there? we can't wait to get back to Bardon, were deciding on paint work for the house and ways in which were going to talk our friends into helping us unpack the storage................barbe and beer I think

Brissiegirl Jan 24th 2005 3:18 pm

We are going back to Brisbane, to my parents house first, and then we're going out towards Toowoomba, as I'm not keen on the big smoke anymore.. but I still love the Ashgrove/Bardon/Paddington/Red Hill/Kelvin Grove/The Gap/Newmarket sort of area..

Dave, Tracy & Emily Jan 24th 2005 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
We are going back to Brisbane, to my parents house first, and then we're going out towards Toowoomba, as I'm not keen on the big smoke anymore.. but I still love the Ashgrove/Bardon/Paddington/Red Hill/Kelvin Grove/The Gap/Newmarket sort of area..

how long have you been in the UK? How have you liked it?
I am british, Dave is an aussie.......he does enjoy the UK but he is really looking forward to going home, he has had a cold since we arrived 13 months ago.

Brissiegirl Jan 24th 2005 3:48 pm

I have lived in the UK for 5 years and 2 months.. and it has been a nice experience on the whole, but I will be glad to get back to Queensland. I'm finding that the cold/damp/rain/crowded life style is getting to me. And we want a change, so now is the time to go for us. We live in Devon at the moment, but will be most pleased to land at Brisbane airport in a couple of months time!!

how about you then? Did you plan to stay for a while over here?

Dave, Tracy & Emily Jan 24th 2005 5:30 pm

I emigrated to oz in 2000 and wasn't intending on coming back to live at all. But I then meet Dave and got married and pregnant, we decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. Dave wanted to see what it was like to live here and I would be near my family to have Emily. I was adament that we would only stay 18 months and was eager to book the flights home just to make sure. Dave also wants to go home now as the cold and dull weather is getting to him.

Brissiegirl Jan 25th 2005 10:03 am

it's nice that your Dave wanted to see what is was like for you, and that it timed well for you having your kiddie. We're eager to go back to Oz... these last weeks are dragging, and we still have to sell our house here. :)