Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Used cars in Aus

Used cars in Aus

Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Used cars in Aus

Yeah come back when you've dropped that attitude.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

leftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really nice

Originally Posted by discobay
Yeah come back when you've dropped that attitude.
Pot, kettle, black.... Arsewipe???
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:34 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melchels
OK, I see loads of cars with high Kms, would it be fair to suggest that the mileage means less in Aus than that for a car with an equivilent number of miles in the UK?

I am always amazed at how much cars cost here!
Ignore the silly arguements over engine wear etc - irrelevant.

The biggest single cost of owning a car in Aus is depreciation on newer cars. The rate of depreciation is lower in Aus.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leftfield
Pot, kettle, black.... Arsewipe???
total codswallop.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

leftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really nice

total codswallop.
Really..

I didn't think it was codswallop to suggest that maybe you had the poor attitude as well.

Go back and read the posts.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leftfield
Really..

I didn't think it was codswallop to suggest that maybe you had the poor attitude as well.

Go back and read the posts.
Hey I don't need to throw expletives to get my point across ... Arsewipe.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Hey I don't need to throw expletives to get my point across ... Arsewipe.
Really so whats that written above...??

And your point is?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Easy tigers, its just a forum.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:09 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Used cars in Aus

Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Wow what a thread

On Top Gear in the UK this week Clarkson spoke of Ford owners and Holden owners coming to blows over their favourte makes, and I thought that was just another 'Clarksonism'.

Now I find you guys nearly come to blows over engine size

For the person looking for a small auto try the Suzuki Swift or the Honda Jazz.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
For the person looking for a small auto try the Suzuki Swift or the Honda Jazz.
Mazda 121 Metro is also good.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Mazda 121 Metro is also good.
No it's not. If you want a car, get one that has decent engine and is comfortable to be in. None of this economy crap, it's false economy.
You also look like a twat in a "economy vehicle".
A minimum of 2 ltr turbo or 4 ltr normally aspirated will do the job.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Used cars in Aus

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
No it's not. If you want a car, get one that has decent engine and is comfortable to be in. None of this economy crap, it's false economy.
A 121 Metro will be just fine for my missus. I'll have a 323 Astina.

Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
So you don't get labelled as a "Planet Destroyer" if you drive anything larger than a Nissan Micra in Oz?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by Alfresco
So you don't get labelled as a "Planet Destroyer" if you drive anything larger than a Nissan Micra in Oz?
Nah. Just tell people you're a bogan. They'll make allowances.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.