Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Used Car Dealer's Brisbane

Used Car Dealer's Brisbane

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute
Default Used Car Dealer's Brisbane

Can anyone recommend a trusty used car dealer in Brisbane? I've just moved here and need one sharpish. I prefer to go off people's recommendations on big purchases. Also, can anyone advise whether there is anything I need to know in terms of car ownership that is different in QLD to VIC? I know each state has it's own rules.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

sakshisinha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Used Car Dealer's Brisbane

you can search in Google, from that you can get plenty of car dealers detail. after selecting 2 or more company, check their service review and cost per kilo meter tour.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 12:18 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on how much you want to pay! All the main new car dealers have used car lots, but most of those only sell cars that are 3-5 years old - anything else they get as a trade-in gets sold off to wholesalers and end up in independent used car lots.

Can't personally recommend any specific used car dealer, but Norris on Sandgate Road at Nundah have a huge used car lot just adjacent to their Mitsubishi dealership which seems to have cars in the 7-10 year old range as well as newer ones.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

The Moorooka Magic Mile has a lot of used car dealerships:

Car Dealers Brisbane | Moorooka Magic Mile | Used Cars Brisbane

You can also checkout carsales.com.au to buy privately.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 8:19 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Village Nissan/Holden at Petrie and Kippa Ring. I have bought my last 2 cars there. Best advice is to go for a make that they are not the dealer for.....seems to make better deals to move it from the lot....
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
Can anyone recommend a trusty used car dealer in Brisbane? I've just moved here and need one sharpish. I prefer to go off people's recommendations on big purchases. Also, can anyone advise whether there is anything I need to know in terms of car ownership that is different in QLD to VIC? I know each state has it's own rules.
Where are you looking / living? This may help focus in with some suggestions
Old Jul 6th 2014, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kim67

You can also checkout carsales.com.au to buy privately.
Most dealers advertise on carsales.com as well and so you can search for the car you want on their be it private or dealer
Old Jul 6th 2014, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

Work on the principal that all car dealers are shonks and that'll give you a start .

Further I would advise that you familiarise yourself with the act regarding statutory warranty details that apply that applies to motor vehicles in the state/territory where you buy the car and Small Claims law as it applies to the state/territory where you buy the car-- eg-in Qld it's called QCAT.

I have found Consumer Affairs everywhere are best avoided in matters regarding motor vehicle problems unless you're happy wasting time.

Before you buy I'd also advise checking out the probable real value of the vehicle on

http://www.carsales.com.au/?mkwid=sE...FRQDvAodqw0A8A

--and don't be swayed by statement that Redbook valuations are bullcrap , they aren't carved in stone but they're a very very good indication of a vehicles real worth.

Back on topic--recommend a used car dealer---

Last edited by BASHO; Jul 6th 2014 at 9:39 pm.