Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Use An Agency Or Not & Total Cost

Use An Agency Or Not & Total Cost

Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:05 pm
is it still a dream?

pricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nicepricecelt is just really nice
Default Use An Agency Or Not & Total Cost

is it best to use a migration agency or just go it alone
and does anyone know the average cost of going through all the process to the point of getting ready to buy flights

TOTAL NEWBIE HERE EXCIOTED OF PROSPECT BUT CLUELESS
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Use An Agency Or Not & Total Cost

Originally Posted by pricecelt
and does anyone know the average cost of going through all the process to the point of getting ready to buy flights

where going for it alone we aint realy got a clue either but this site will help you loads its about £2100 for your tra and visa (136) + medicals, container for shipping stuff is about 2200 for half 1 and about 5000 for a full one,
if you had the money i would say use an agent but if your on a budget like us go for it alone.....

hope that helps
chris
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:39 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricecelt

Many seem to think that if your application is absolutely straight forward then going alone is definitely an option... If there's anything out of the ordinary in your application many would advise consulting an agent, at least initially...

Good luck...!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:52 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Many seem to think that if your application is absolutely straight forward then going alone is definitely an option... If there's anything out of the ordinary in your application many would advise consulting an agent, at least initially...

Good luck...!
Ditto this....... If your case is straight forward may well be worth having a go yourself. I was lucky enough to applying for a spouse visa, but the application form for this was 27 pages long plus the sponsor forms too and gathering all the proof and documentation needed!!! But saved ourselves around £2000...........good luck........C x
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

I would agree if your case is straight forward and you are an organised person you can do your own application and save money
There is a points calculator on the immigration website to help you detrmine whether you can get in
it is worth spending some time looking around the DIMIA website and also the immigration forum answers lots of specific questions for people
What ever you decide to do
good luck
Mary
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:23 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

£2,000? For a spouse visa application?!

Best regards.

Originally Posted by shiels
Ditto this....... If your case is straight forward may well be worth having a go yourself. I was lucky enough to applying for a spouse visa, but the application form for this was 27 pages long plus the sponsor forms too and gathering all the proof and documentation needed!!! But saved ourselves around £2000...........good luck........C x
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:25 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris34uk
its about £2100 for your tra and visa (136)

chris
We used an agent. We paid £282 in agent fees for our skills assessment and £658 in agent fees for our visa application (skilled independent 136).

Agent fees obviously vary with the type of skill assessment you need to pass and with regards to your personal circumstances when it comes to the visa application.

Gina
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GinaUK
We used an agent. We paid £282 in agent fees for our skills assessment and £658 in agent fees for our visa application (skilled independent 136).

Agent fees obviously vary with the type of skill assessment you need to pass and with regards to your personal circumstances when it comes to the visa application.

Gina
wow, that seems a good price to pay? who did you use? i checked out your timeline too, things seemed to go thru pretty quick.

Claire
x

Last edited by flump; Jan 29th 2007 at 1:17 pm. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:02 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

We spent £2.000 pounds that covered all of Our agents fees, TRA Assessment and DIMI Application fee, Medicals (FOR 2 ADULTS AND 3 CHILDREN) as well as Police checks.

Alot lot cheaper than many agents.

Real Bargain.

The first company quoted me about £2000 and that was just the agent fees. I think Agents can take advantage.

Luckily we found a Gem of an Agent.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

We use go matilda,
Because we are a bit thick but have loads of money.
Plus of course kids with another partner which could be messy
dont think there very expensive and you know up front how much the fee will be also the payments are in instalments as things progress
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:43 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
£2,000? For a spouse visa application?!

Best regards.
Forgot that included the price of the visa too!!! Fees were £1395 + vat. Does that sound a bit better??!!! (having a blonde moment i think!!!!) C x
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:00 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flump
wow, that seems a good price to pay? who did you use? i checked out your timeline too, things seemed to go thru pretty quick.

Claire
x
We used "Go Matilda": http://www.gomatilda.com

Very happy with them. About to use them again very shortly for financial advice.

Skilled Independent Visa; Accountant (MODL) skill assessment through the ICAA; simple family situation, i.e. no step-children or previous marriages/de facto relationships; no health problems

Gina
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:02 pm
Banned

Forgot that included the price of the visa too!!! Fees were £1395 + vat. Does that sound a bit better??!!! (having a blonde moment i think!!!!) C x
If your agent fees were £1395 + VAT, then that sounds VERY expensive. Spouse visas are supposed to be simply. Our agent fees for a skilled independent visa were only £658 inlcuding VAT.

Gina
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:03 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by GinaUK
If your agent fees were £1395 + VAT, then that sounds VERY expensive. Spouse visas are supposed to be simply. Our agent fees for a skilled independent visa were only £658 inlcuding VAT.

Gina
Ive got the visa now....done it myself C x
Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

StopDreamingStartDoing is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got the visa now....done it myself C x
Hi all, Newbie here to. Just used half a rainforest printing out visa application form and skill assessment form. Anybody tell me what is involved in the skill assessment when where etc. and what happens with the 'vocational or competent level english language ability', do i have to prove i can speak and spell.....

Richard & Tamy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.