Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Urgent Query - Response appreciated!!

Urgent Query - Response appreciated!!

Old May 21st 2004, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

aroyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Query - Response appreciated!!

Hi,

We received request for our meds and character check on 14/5 and the reports are ready to go tom. We are quite sure the medicals are good and are wondering if we are sure to receive the grant..

We want to plan on settling issues here and plan our departure and immediate settlement plans in OZ. Is it wise to go ahead.. also how long do you reckon it takes from now to grant?? We are under subclass 136

Thanks
Old May 21st 2004, 8:50 pm
earlswood

Aroyan,

If the meds have been done and the GP did not raise any issues and your PCC's are OK then you could be granted your visa before the end of June as this is when DIMIA's year finishes for targets.

Take a gamble and get your house on the market if you haven't already and start preparing.

Good luck

Old May 21st 2004, 8:55 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

I agree with that.... Goodluck Mate
Old May 21st 2004, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by earlswood
Aroyan,

If the meds have been done and the GP did not raise any issues and your PCC's are OK then you could be granted your visa before the end of June as this is when DIMIA's year finishes for targets.

Take a gamble and get your house on the market if you haven't already and start preparing.

Good luck

WOW!! Thanks to you both - I can now take this whole thing a step further....

Also, targets before the end of June.. can you please explain that , we filed in our application 1Dec 2003.

Thanks
Old May 21st 2004, 8:59 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We applied in Oct 03. Our letter to get meds PCCs came on 23/4. Our PCCs just came back yesterday after 3 wks and our meds are on 4/6 to be in for 21/6 deadline apparently.
Consequently we have already started selling off our junk and the house went on the market yesterday!!
Now sending CVs off and looking at travel arrangements ready for the off about Nov04.

Take a gamble! Fingers crossed!
Old May 21st 2004, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by GillettFamily
Hi
We applied in Oct 03. Our letter to get meds PCCs came on 23/4. Our PCCs just came back yesterday after 3 wks and our meds are on 4/6 to be in for 21/6 deadline apparently.
Consequently we have already started selling off our junk and the house went on the market yesterday!!
Now sending CVs off and looking at travel arrangements ready for the off about Nov04.

Take a gamble! Fingers crossed!

Gotcha! my husband's thetype who likes to take a thing at a time... so I am glad you're encouraging me here.. ill show him your post and get cracking on our work here!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the prompt response. I often feel this forum is the best thing that's happened to me..

Last edited by aroyan; May 21st 2004 at 9:11 pm.