British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Urgent help with PR and first home owners grant please...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/urgent-help-pr-first-home-owners-grant-please-711412/)

jennsy Mar 30th 2011 8:55 am

Urgent help with PR and first home owners grant please......

Hi guys, thanks in advance for the advice...

I am on a 475 visa at. The moment. I applied for my PR in February and am just waiting on the decision. (it will deffo go through it's just when...)

I have researched that perm residents qualify for the first home owners grant. Since I am buying Off the plans, my property won't complete until next April 2011. However, I am signing the contract and paying the deposit tomorrow.

will this cause problems for me getting the grant as I am not officially a PR yet or will I have to be a PR on completion.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers

Paul

newjersey Mar 30th 2011 9:35 am

Re: Urgent help with PR and first home owners grant please......

Originally Posted by jennsy (Post 9273734)
Hi guys, thanks in advance for the advice...

I am on a 475 visa at. The moment. I applied for my PR in February and am just waiting on the decision. (it will deffo go through it's just when...)

I have researched that perm residents qualify for the first home owners grant. Since I am buying Off the plans, my property won't complete until next April 2011. However, I am signing the contract and paying the deposit tomorrow.

will this cause problems for me getting the grant as I am not officially a PR yet or will I have to be a PR on completion.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers

Paul

This hardly has to do with immigration, I think if you ask Mods to move it to the main forum you will get more response.

jennsy Mar 30th 2011 9:52 am

Originally Posted by newjersey (Post 9273780)
This hardly has to do with immigration, I think if you ask Mods to move it to the main forum you will get more response.

Where has it been moved to?

Pollyana Mar 30th 2011 10:08 am

Originally Posted by jennsy (Post 9273816)
Where has it been moved to?

The main Aus lifestyle forum :)

Craig Vaughan Mar 31st 2011 7:34 am

technically by the letter of the law (not by what the grant says), you have to be a citizen/permanent resident or purchasing with one at the time of contract signing. Im in the business and have confirmed this directly with the OSR and have email confirmation where they have cut and pasted the section of the legislation.

HOWEVER - if you read the grant it says nothing about that and most of my clients get the FHOG approved even though they were not PR's at the time of signing the contract.

So technically you should not receive, but reality is that you probably will.