Reload this Page >

urgent help please!!!!!!!

urgent help please!!!!!!!

Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:46 pm
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road
Default urgent help please!!!!!!!

a friend of mine is looking for a relative - can you help. he moved to australia in the sixties - Jim Dowthwaite. she doesnt know what suburb he lives in but the number starts with 01-061-2-636****. can you give me any information as to where this is and if by 1,000,000th of a chance anyone might know him. his neice becky is looking for him.

thanks loads.

kez.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:52 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a New South Wales number, possibly Sydney. I can only see an A. Dowthwaite & a B. Dowthwaite in the white pages from that area though.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: urgent help please!!!!!!!

Originally posted by kez
a friend of mine is looking for a relative - can you help. he moved to australia in the sixties - Jim Dowthwaite. she doesnt know what suburb he lives in but the number starts with 01-061-2-636****. can you give me any information as to where this is and if by 1,000,000th of a chance anyone might know him. his neice becky is looking for him.

thanks loads.

kez.
Have got the white pages open on the web, do you know what state he lives in?

Nat
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Is this it?
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/sear...rchInput.jhtml
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:56 pm
kez
Forum Regular

we tried the white pages - she thinks he lived in NSW. is there an exdirectory thing in oz.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:57 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Yes there are "Silent Number" out here but don't think you will get any info on them.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Maybe the telephone is registered in another family members name. The link I sent you was similar to the number that you posted.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: urgent help please!!!!!!!

Originally posted by kez

thanks loads.

kez.
The only J Dowthwaite I found was in Queensland!

Too slim a chance it would be him, but it's not too common a names so might be worth calling them to see if they can help - you never know you hear these stories of long distance rellies!!

Good Luck with the search

nat
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:08 pm
kez
Forum Regular

Thanks loads - i have left her a few numbers to be going on with - i will post again for ideas if we get no joy.

thanks again.

kez.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kez
Thanks loads - i have left her a few numbers to be going on with - i will post again for ideas if we get no joy.

thanks again.

kez.
It may be an idea to put it into one of the newpapers over there, the Sydney Morning Herald or the like usually have those sorts of 'looking for' sections!

Nat
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:13 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

With an unusual surname it is often worthwhile to call any phone numbers in the whitepages etc. Quite often they may be relatives. Most people are extremely helpful if you just give them a brief run down when they first answer the phone. ie "Hi, Im XYZ calling from England because Im looking for my uncle that I have lost touch with, do you know Jim Dowthwaite" rather than just "Hello, is Jim there?" .

Family research & genealogists use the method quite often, with quite a bit of success.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Trouble is Mrs D, I have also seen debt collectors trying the same trick!