Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help Ozforex

Urgent Help Ozforex

Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:01 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent Help Ozforex

HI
Just woke up middle of the night worried that we have been diddled, can anyone on here tell me if they have recently tried to send money over to Oz through Ozforex, and have been subsequently asked for copies of your passport, driving license, utility bill. (they asked for scanned photo's, but we don't have a scanner, so we photographed them, and sent as an attachment)
We sent money over from England about 2 months ago without this information, but now we are here in Oz and need to send some over again, and now they are asking for this information for extra security.
we just want to know if this is normal procedure, had a terrible thought that someone has conned us into giving them our personal info.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:07 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help Ozforex

Originally Posted by soonbethere
HI
Just woke up middle of the night worried that we have been diddled, can anyone on here tell me if they have recently tried to send money over to Oz through Ozforex, and have been subsequently asked for copies of your passport, driving license, utility bill. (they asked for scanned photo's, but we don't have a scanner, so we photographed them, and sent as an attachment)
We sent money over from England about 2 months ago without this information, but now we are here in Oz and need to send some over again, and now they are asking for this information for extra security.
we just want to know if this is normal procedure, had a terrible thought that someone has conned us into giving them our personal info.
This is normal procedure everywhere now; very surprised you managed to send some money over before without having to do it then... Looks like they slipped up first time and are correcting this now... Nothing to worry about...
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

HI
Yes I set up an Ozforex account a few months back and they need those docs etc before they will activate your account.

So dont worry about it.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wafc
Yes I set up an Ozforex account a few months back and they need those docs etc before they will activate your account.

So dont worry about it.
Same here, just sent my first bit of wonga over early hours of this morn.
I wouldn't worry too much about giving copies to them when requested, i've sent that many copies of stuff to that many people since we started this process that they only need a P155 sample and then there will be 1,000's of 'clones' of me walking about
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:16 pm

mgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of light

HI
Hi Soonbethere,

There is absolutely no need to worry, your funds are safe. The compliance procedures are a pain but they serve two purposes 1) So we can guard against identify fraud, and 2) Allow us to meet our obligations under anti money laundering regulations. The obligations change and so occassionaly we do need extra documentation.

We have over 25,000 customer, have comprehensive insurance, complete over 7000 transfers per month without incident and our compliants file is empty. Unlike UK companies we are fully regulated (by the Australian FSA equivalent ASIC) which means we have minimum capital requirements, significant staff training obligations and probity checks on staff and Directors and so on.

I will contact you directly to make sure any other concerns you have are answered and ensure the compliance requirements hassle are minimised.

Regards,
Matt Gilmour
Managing Director
OzForex Pty Ltd +61 2 8667 8002 (Direct)
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:06 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mgilmour
Hi Soonbethere,

There is absolutely no need to worry, your funds are safe. The compliance procedures are a pain but they serve two purposes 1) So we can guard against identify fraud, and 2) Allow us to meet our obligations under anti money laundering regulations. The obligations change and so occassionaly we do need extra documentation.

We have over 25,000 customer, have comprehensive insurance, complete over 7000 transfers per month without incident and our compliants file is empty. Unlike UK companies we are fully regulated (by the Australian FSA equivalent ASIC) which means we have minimum capital requirements, significant staff training obligations and probity checks on staff and Directors and so on.

I will contact you directly to make sure any other concerns you have are answered and ensure the compliance requirements hassle are minimised.

Regards,
Matt Gilmour
Managing Director
Matt - would commend Oskar Buhre: he's been a great help over the months.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:37 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Soonbethere,

Regards,
Matt Gilmour
Managing Director

Hi Matt

Commend Paul Saunders too. He couldn't be more helpful.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:21 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Hi Matt

Commend Paul Saunders too. He couldn't be more helpful.
Just want to say:
THANK YOU
This site is worth its weight in Gold!
It was around 3am this morning when the OH woke me (!!) .... only to find he was worried sick that all our money would be missing from the bank in the UK, or all I was worried about was someone with my passport etc!
So I had to get the laptop in bed to type to BE,.... and then checked our account in UK, all is fine !!!
Seriously thank you for all your input, it put our minds at rest !!!
Have a on us !!!
x
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

matt everyone i've spoke too over the past months couldnt have been more helpful....thank you
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:50 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

HI
Ozforex are brilliant. We have moved large sums of money with them and have had absolutely no problems at all. The fact that they have very rigorous security systems in place has instilled us with the utmost confidence in the service they provide. I would recommend them 100%.

ACE
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:27 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Ozforex are brilliant. We have moved large sums of money with them and have had absolutely no problems at all. The fact that they have very rigorous security systems in place has instilled us with the utmost confidence in the service they provide. I would recommend them 100%.

ACE

Hear Hear

So would we,

Brill service from everyone that i have spoken too.

Money has been transfered within 24 hours (paid for chaps service)

Absolutly no problems, very helpful staff, both here in Oz and in the UK.

Well done OzForex, top dog service!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:03 pm

mgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou everyone, I have passed on this thread to the teams in Sydney and London and they will be absolutely thrilled at the feedback. If any of you are in Sydney CBD please stop in and say hello (Level 1, 6 Bridge St), and if you have time we would love to buy you a coffee or drink .

Regards
Matt
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:11 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou everyone, I have passed on this thread to the teams in Sydney and London and they will be absolutely thrilled at the feedback. If any of you are in Sydney CBD please stop in and say hello (Level 1, 6 Bridge St), and if you have time we would love to buy you a coffee or drink .

Regards
Matt
I called in a few months ago before committing my monthly pension to your hands and was impressed with the facilities and friendliness. (Passed on the coffee though!)
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:39 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to commend Ozforex to everyone too. I've used them many times over the last few years with excellent rates and service.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I'd like to commend Ozforex to everyone too. I've used them many times over the last few years with excellent rates and service.
So have I - and they've always been helpful (though an extra couple of points on the rate would've gone well ).

If anyone is planning on opening an account with them - why not PM me so I can send you a referral link and get myself an early Christmas present?