Reload this Page >

Urgent flight to the UK

Urgent flight to the UK

Old Apr 18th 2012, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Cas Lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent flight to the UK

Hello all, first post on here.

I need to get to the UK asap for personal reasons at the end of the month.

The cheapest return flight from Adelaide was with KLM at $2226, but being inquisitive I went on the BA site and made out that i still lived in the UK and requested the cost of a return flight from Manchester that came out at 1052GBP, about $1600.

Is this possible that I can book flights via the UK to save on the costs?

I hope the above made sense.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 4:40 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Urgent flight to the UK

The above makes sense - but no its not possible.

What *may* be possible and *may* be slightly cheaper is a return flight to get out os Australia i.e. Adelaide - HKG or SIN and then a seperate return flight from HKG or SIN to UK.

Depending on exchange rates you may get this cheaper than a return from Australia - but it comes at the slight risk of delayed flights/missed connections etc etc - particularly if the airline you chose for the second half the journey is a different from the one you chose for the first half (meaning you'd have to collect luggage and re-check in in your transit stop).

Another possibility is 2 seperate one-way tickets. It usually isnt cheaper - but I have seen it work out a little cheaper on occassions - and it does gve you the ultimate flexibility.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 4:43 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cas Lad
Hello all, first post on here.

I need to get to the UK asap for personal reasons at the end of the month.

The cheapest return flight from Adelaide was with KLM at $2226, but being inquisitive I went on the BA site and made out that i still lived in the UK and requested the cost of a return flight from Manchester that came out at 1052GBP, about $1600.

Is this possible that I can book flights via the UK to save on the costs?

I hope the above made sense.
Nope, the price of UK<>Australia is not the same as Australia<>UK - not even close. Even for the same flights.

Yes its a con. No, the Australian government won't hammer the airlines for it.

Can be cheaper to get a flight from Oz to, say, Singapore, then another Singapore <> UK - although its more hassle and its not always cheaper.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

KLM have special available ADL to MAN for $1953 on May 8th and heaps of return dates .
http://www.klm.com/travel/au_en/plan...rom=2012-05-08

We just paid full fare $2440 for June to Aberdeen , could have saved $700 if we could stay till 2nd week in August - not possible

Prices were there at 10am - by 2pm all seats all flights gone - gotta be quick (Perth)

Last edited by mulben; Apr 18th 2012 at 6:09 am.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 7:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd try and do a one way and either a one way back or a return back giving you the ability to visit again within a year. Could well still end up cheaper than Aus - UK - Aus.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:38 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at Royal Brunei? I just booked return flights to the UK for later on this year for just over $1500 per person.

BB
Old Apr 18th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Does royal brunei not fly to Brisbane anymore? Was counting on saving on my flight back compared to these big airlines
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:19 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
Does royal brunei not fly to Brisbane anymore? Was counting on saving on my flight back compared to these big airlines
No they only fly to Melbourne.

BB
Old Apr 24th 2012, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

My In-laws are here in Perth visiting. They paid £850 return each (Heathrow - Singapore - Perth). I can't get it anywhere close. That was with Singapore Airlines.